Old-time diaper-ers--what were your favorites?

Discussion in 'Cloth Diapering' started by Mary - Mary, Dec 29, 2006.

1. IrishMama

IrishMama ~Hawaiian Dreamin~

I remember placing my first order for WAHM diapers. The reply was that my order would ship in about 3 weeks. I was shocked. I had a lot to learn about the WAHM world.
    I mostly used prefolds when we first started. I loved Bellies and Buns side snaps. I actually got a dozen El Bee Baby at $12, it was right before they became the IT diaper. I also liked Angel Wraps, Daisy Doodles, Little Dumpling Diapers and for Mom's Day Out "preschool" I used Happy Heinys. DS's teacher was so great about going with the cloth.
    I had so many diapers they were coming out of my ears. Many of the ones that I hated are still in a box in the basement barely used. I always felt really bad selling them, like I was trying to take advantage of someone.

I thought my clothe diaper obsession was over, but I was reading the Around the Town news magazine and in the schedule for January one of the kids stores is hosting a cloth diaper discussion. I called right then and registered. Mine have been out of diapers for 2 years.
  2. Roses

Roses UA OLA LOKO I KE ALOHA

Oh wow, I forgot about Angelwraps, wtheck is wrong with me, we had soo many Angelwraps, they were the ONLY AIO that we used, and we used them the whole time, that, Dewdrops & KiwiPie are the only ones we started fairly soon with, and were still using at the very end. Ahh, the Angelwraps, I still remember my fave. ones. *sniff sniff*
  3. sixnsolid

sixnsolid New Member

Little Lanes - She made me a manatee diaper :hbeat:
  4. Mary - Mary

Mary - Mary Amity's Focus Member

Ahh, Lizzie, I remember your diapers--Cumberbums. THey were perfect for dd#3--either she'd take off her diaper or dd#2 would take off dd#3's diaper! LOL! Perfect for under dresses.
  5. branwyn

branwyn fasting and cleansing

email me if you want to stay in touch - madhousema
    becky sellin of sellin threads :)
  6. Megmama

Megmama Happy Happy Joy Joy

ah yes..these are my workhorse covers..I utterly adore them..:D Thanks Bran!
  7. uccomama

uccomama Logging off the Matrix

Babymoons, especially the DSQ ones made from prefolds. I actually owned the first Babymoon ever made!
    Mollytogs
    Luke's Drawers
    Hannah's Orchards

There are many more I loved, but I can't remember their names anymore. :eyes:

Patsy. I loved your baby carrots. I had one with little carrots on the outer print too. I wonder if you remember making it?
  8. Maiden Comfort

Maiden Comfort boobie juice maker

Goodness - I don't even know where to start! There's a couple I LOVED, but I'm having a hard time remembering the name. One was made by Claudia, they were all hemp fleece, and super trim - calico something?? Toadies were the other. I had one lonely Ivy Rose in my favorite flannel fairy print, I finally got rid of it after replacing the elastic 2x and the fabric was getting so thin, it really wasn't all that absorbant anymore, but the fit was awesome on my kids.

I remember when Susan (??) made cuddlebuns, and Jodi Honeyboys. And what about Sweet Pickles?!?! I miss the old auction site ;)

I should remember more, but my brain is completely fried, and I actually feel a bit bad for not remembering!!
  9. lovencloth

lovencloth Amity's Focus Member

I have a sellin threads hemp nb sized fitted on my fsot, OMG was that dipe AWESOME for Randa when she was brand new, it held tons but was really trim. I don't know where she found that hemp, because it is the only fully hemp (except for the fleece liner on one of the soakers) that never gets stiff. Great diaper!!
  10. LifesaBeach

LifesaBeach Amity's Focus Member

newborn~Kissaluvs sz 0. although I think it's just because they are so darn cute and tiny!

fitteds~ SOS diapers. Suzie ROCKS! even though ever bit of elastic blew in everysingle diaper...that sucked. Even diapers I had only used a few months. They still worked fine, but there's no way I could resell them.

covers~ Motherease

most economical, simple and still work? prefolds, pins and alexis covers.
  11. KimberMama

KimberMama Active Member

It has been so long. I bought my first dipes, ME Sandys, from Catherine at BTL in 8/98 for about $6 each! Sandys and Popolinos were our mainstays for the first couple of years (I had 27 small Sandys, 24 large Sandys, and 6 Pops), and were the base of our dipe system even later. We also used ME AIOs and Kushies Ultras.

I had a Bizzy B Hive tie-dye made by Sacha...I loved that dipe. I had a few custom L'il Comets that were great. I loved my SOS diapers. I had Poochies, Benjamuffins, Nanipoos...it has been so long since I had a babe in dipes that I hardly remember (DS#2 potty learned at 2.5 YO which was fall 2002). I know I had many more brands than the ones I can remember. Usually just one or two here or there (although I had at least 6 SOS). WAHM dipes exploded that last year before I was done, and I knew we were close to the end and I didn't go crazy buying. In fact, I had 24 XL Sandys that I had purchased before the Canadian retailers couldn't sell to us anymore, and I sold those off brand new to help finance a double jogger, because we never needed them that big.

Of course, we tried DSQ prefolds; infant in the beginning, and the unbleached type later.

ME Air Flow covers were our favorite, although not natural. I had a wool Biobottoms cover I loved, and a Nikky, and cotton covers, Alexis, Dappi pull-ons, etc. I had an Aristocrat that never worked for us. I hated Fuzzi-Bunz.

I suppose if I was doing it again I'd go with organic cotton prefolds and 100% organic wool covers. I'd avoid plastic snaps and elastic. I don't think it would be easier, but being organic and compostable is super important to me right now.
  12. freedomlover

freedomlover ReaderOfThreads

Oh! The ole' diaper days. Sigh......

My first child had prefolds and pins and pull on pants in 1990/92
    My second one had hour glass shaped chinese made cotton with wraps.

My third child had AIOs (I was so sick of pins and wraps!)

It reminds me of the joy of WAHMall.

Anyway

Other than my own creation (BeniBoi) which was made from 2001-2004

My faves were

Country Cuttins
    Cinnimynis

SOS--Christianson Creations (spectacular construction job!)

Fuzzi Bunz were useful (though not pretty to my eye)

I enjoyed seeing the growth back then with the creator of Gavies and Little Lanes.

Zootkitty was cool too (but she left the amitymama land in shame which is sorrowful).

On to other things these days!
  13. maryalene

maryalene Guest

This thread is such a trip down memory lane! I had Poochies, Toadies, Fireflies, Rosie Cheeks and Cloud 9 dipes that I just adored. I once snagged a used Honeboy for a decent price and that was the pride of my stash for a while. I loved to look at it, but was scared to use it because of the price lol.