Old-time diaper-ers--what were your favorites?

Discussion in 'Cloth Diapering' started by Mary - Mary, Dec 29, 2006.

1. LuLu

LuLu Active Member

I have a ton if different dipes, in the beginning I just liked prefolds and wool but then fell in love with others. I really liked Beccabottoms and found them to be the trimmest dipe out there. and of course there is Fuzzi bunz. If I could go back in time and just get all of those and none of the others I would. Most of my other dipes have fallen apart in the wash but those still work great and don't even look worn.
  2. dudster74

dudster74 busy

aah I forgot about Firefly's! I had a Lennon one ***sigh*** wish I hadn't sold it :eyes:
  3. Tara62

Tara62 New Member

Poochies
  4. brayg

brayg Evil Genius

I had a lennon firefly too! :lol:
  5. Roses

Roses UA OLA LOKO I KE ALOHA

I tried sooo many kinds, but the ones that became my "mainstay" at one time or another, were
    Happy Heiny's
    Fireflies
    Dewdrops
    KiwiPie wool covers
    CalicoBaby fleece covers

I had a couple of Elbees & First Class Baby, but they were so hard to get, that I focused on other diapers that I loved just as much.

eta...Oh and Freshies! I LOVED Kendall's diapers, omg they were awesome, and perfectly sewn. But extremely rare and hard to find. Love her Mama cloth too.
  6. chrissymama

chrissymama Amity's Focus Member

I remember when I was researching cloth diapers when I was pregnant with my first (in 2001). It took me forever to figure out all the different terminology- prefolds (what, they aren't actually folded?!), soakers, doublers, liners, wraps...

I about choked when I saw that Kissaluvs were $12 per diaper!

I used prefolds for a while. Then I really coveted Luke's Drawers One Size Wonders and bought a bunch of them used on ebay. They were really nice and squishy soft. I had some hemp Liz's Cloth dipes that I liked for night time. I really got into SOS and had a bunch of those for a while too.
  7. annsni

annsni Amity's Focus Member

My very first WAHM diaper was Ivy Rose and I stuck with Jen through her diaper making years - and now get her clothing whenever I can.

I also swore by Bizzy B wool-in-ones and Sugar Peas wool-in-ones for getting us through the night with my super soaker.

Lucy's Hope Chest was awesome too - I bought mediums for Joanna when she was about 3 months old that lasted her until I sold them earlier this year (so over 3 years).

I honestly don't think there was a diaper I just didn't like. I had so many (had a lot of fun diapering) and I'm now just about done with diapers. :(
  8. Mary - Mary

Mary - Mary Amity's Focus Member

OMGosh--I just remembered Honeyboys! I can't believe that none of us mentioned that. Remember how they'd go for over $100 on auction?! I remember a few going for more than $200!

Now, is it ok to mention those that we hated?
  9. MommytoTommy

MommytoTommy Active Member

Cloud 9 Softies are my absolute favorite of all time diaper
    SOS
    El Bee baby

I think I have tried over 100 brands of diapers in my 12 years of diapering. WAHM are the best by far.
  10. my2girlz

my2girlz Amity's Focus Member

When I started using cloth on Saige over 4 years ago I loved using sugarpeas, fireflies, cuddlebuns (bikini cut), Full Moon Baby Gear, babysoftwraps, and SOS.

With Alex I used peewell, fuzzi bunz, first class baby, and happy hieny.
  11. EdenAurora

EdenAurora Active Member

I didn't start cloth with my oldest until she was around 1. She wore prefolds and prowraps. I did make her a couple of Honeyboys (I bought a sewing machine and the pattern). Of course, we moved and they got packed away, then she potty trained.

While I was pregnant with ds I made him three dozen or so flannel fitted dipes based on the honeyboy pattern. He wore those until he grew into his SOS diapers. I pretty much used SOS diapers and MEOS with ME airflows and Alexis Featherlite pull ons. He was in cloth until I got pregnant with my youngest dd and couldn't stomach it.

My youngest wore only Dewdrops and MEOS with the airflows and pull-ons. I think she only wore cloth for a few months though. It was a bad hurricane season and I didn't want to have dirty dipes waiting to be washed.

Ahh, the memories.
  12. Lizzie3143

Lizzie3143 New Member

I still have lots of my zootkitties. I wanted to email her and ask if I could buy her patterns cuz even though I liked my diapers I absolutely LOVED zookitties.

Honeyboys (I finally snagged 1 right at the end of Jody owning it)
    Gavies

Otherwise I was mainly a pocket diaper mama. I had my own little biz and used those 99% of the time.
  13. Lizzie3143

Lizzie3143 New Member

She dropped off the face of the internet. I think she probably came back under a different persona pretty quickly to lurk. JMO
  14. Chels~

Chels~ Moment by Moment

I loved her recycled dipes too. I believe her name is Valerie. I also loved Jenny Oh's and Luke's drawers.

I also remember when it was popular to make butt sweaters from old wool sweaters.
  15. Patsy

Patsy just keep swimming

I loved Cloud 9's, Elkebellas, Baby Moons, Sweet Pea, Molly Togs, Poochies...I was the first wahm to wholesale Kissaluvs - I remember when I got a box of 96 of them, in the yummy colors - blueberry, raspberry, buttersotch and more - I had them on my bed and I just hugged as many as I could get my arms around!!
    Then she flaked on me so that was short lived :(

Then I started making my own ~baby carrots~, and they were my favorites.
  16. Oh my favorites were mudpies, elbees, fireflys, lucy's hope chest (I think that is what they were called?), I also like grow my a rainbow prefitteds I used with a snappi.
  17. MommyTo4

MommyTo4 Senior Member

Mollytogs (loved them)
    Baby Moons
    Luke's Drawers
    Poochies
    Elkebellas
  18. JodiM

JodiM 35yo Catholic Mama to 5

My oldest 3 used prefolds and covers.. then came the good ones.

Righteous Baby were some of my favorite, Ann's wool covers were awesome, and the FLAG's were great too.
    SOS', Firefly's, Cloud 9's, Poochies, Bizzy B Hive (loved these!), Sugarpeas Wool Covers, and then WIO's, Ivy Rose, Lucy's Hope Chest, Happy Heiny's and Molly Togs.

I'm sure there were more I'm forgetting, these are the ones that come to mind. My all time favorite was Fuzzi Bunz, no matter how many cutsie diapers I had, we always came back to FB's.

I remember adding up how much $ I had in diapers at one time with Adriana, and it was scary.
  19. momtokay

momtokay sleep deprived

i loved mollytogs and cloud 9 softies. i still have about a dozen softies that i'm hoping to use on our new baby this summer. i also loved elbees with my second, but they weren't around when my first was a baby.
  20. Linda

Linda Amity's Focus Member

I love my own converted prefolds to prefitteds with Ruskovilla wool covers
    Ivy rose wool covers with a snappi'ed prefold are wonderful as well.

My dd's have very short rises so a lot of fitteds don't work. I love fuzzi buns though...but I don't like synthetics....