Old-time diaper-ers--what were your favorites?

Discussion in 'Cloth Diapering' started by Mary - Mary, Dec 29, 2006.

1. Mary - Mary

Mary - Mary Amity's Focus Member

I haven't had a child in diapers in at least 2 1/2 years. I really loved cloth diapering. When I used to tell people that we CD, I'd get such strange looks--like this :drop: And then I'd tell the person that cloth is so different than they think and that I couldn't pin a diaper to save my life. :lol: Oh, gosh, I just remembered Destiny--wasn't that her name? She was the master pinner (and maybe even those snapiis). And gosh, did I have a nice diaper stash. Remember how we used to pick our own fabrics? Oh, and the wait-lists. :eek: I remember waiting for months on certain lists. But boy were we excited when it was our turn :cuc:

Here's my list of favorites:

SOS--Christianson Creations? They were/are 1-size diapers and were super trim but absorbant. Fabrics were great--I had some cool vintage-looking prints. But then they became the "in" diaper and were hard to get (which was great when you sold them).

Luke's Drawers--who didn't/doesn't love Luke's Drawers?! I loved how soft the inner fabrics are. I had a few of her super old style that took days to dry and then I bought tons of her One-Size-Wonders. I LOVED them. Quick-dry, cute fabrics, and I had two babies in diapers, so the one-size was perfect. I never had to worry about which diaper went with which baby. DH liked these too. I LOVE her washies and I still have tons of them. They've held up for years (my little ones are 6 1/2 and 5 1/2!).

Bizzy-B-Hive AIO. Candy had the best fabrics and this was back in the day when you could pick your fabrics and diapers would be sewn for you. :drop: She had so many fabrics that I loved that I ordered diapers just for the fabrics not because I needed them. I was a diaper addict. :help:

Then of course there are the ones that aren't around anymore--Buckeye Bottoms, Zootkitty (they were AWESOME, too bad Katrina flaked), and my #1 favorite of all time--Gavies. Gavies were incredible. They came in sets--fitted diaper and coordinating cover. I googled her a few months ago and her site was still up, but she hasn't made any in years. She lost a baby and never sewed Gavies again. She was so loved and her loss touched so many of us.

And then of course the old standby--fuzzi bunz with either a hemp insert. Later they made the micro insert. I loved how thin they were-- especially on toddlers. They were so welcome after all those fat-diaper butt diapers. Finally a diaper that allowed our kids to wear regular clothing in their real size. I also loved them at night with a few hemp inserts.

So, what were your favorites from back in the day?
  2. tarablesue

tarablesue ~PeAce~

Im still a sucker for prefolds and wraps, but thats just me;)
  3. lovencloth

lovencloth Amity's Focus Member

I did not cd back in the day, but I have tryed a zootkitty and ITA, they were great. I have to say though, Stacinator covers were/are da bomb!
  4. dudster74

dudster74 busy

Ahhh, yes.

Here are my favorites!

Lukes Drawers

Mommyhearts

Country Cuttins

Cuddlebaby

Sugarplum Baby

I remember looking at these sites for hours...LOL planning my "order"

Those were the days!
  5. OnTheBrink

OnTheBrink Amity's Focus Member

Oh, Mommyhearts! I loved those!

With Emma, I mostly used Snug to Fits with Bummis SIWWs. With John, it was all FuzziBunz with microfiber and hemp inserts.

Now it's all about My Little Pony and Thomas the Tank engine undies!
  6. brayg

brayg Evil Genius

SOS, Sugarpeas, Firefly, First Class Baby/Little Caboose, Cuddlebuns (bikini cut)... Ah...those were the days! :hbeat: :)

Though I had a complete stash (about 30) of FCB/LC diapers (I was a tester and bought a whole bunch *before* they became hyena), I still think FBs were my favorite.

Then I started sewing my own and they became my favorite. ;)
  7. treecitydiapers

treecitydiapers New Member

Righteous Baby Shell Sets! I still have 2 smalls downstairs from almost 3 years ago... a sock monkey set and a aspen tree set. I've got them in the "to sell" pile but we'll see if I can actually part with them.

I also have a Tuesday's Bear Baseball Wool Set w/ a fleece topped hemp samuel's soaker inside... I stalked that first stocking on her site. I think I paid like $60 for that diaper. David wore it once for a picture, lol. That is in the "to sell" pile also....
  8. harvestgirl

harvestgirl escape to chimp eden!

The least I can do is speak out for those who cann
    luke's drawers were my all time fav! carolyn & i would trade often ( dipes for me glass for her) so i had a great stash going for a while there for dd :D
  9. ~MamaCharly~

~MamaCharly~ Moderator Staff Member

oh it's been so long I can hardly remember :wah:

I do remember I loved my Lukes Drawers
    I had soooo many different ones, I think Luke's were the only ones I had more than one of in a specific brand lol
    Bumkins I think was another one I liked.
  10. mommy2brent

mommy2brent soap junkie

lets see Lukes Drawers
    gavies
    many ducks
    little ranindancers
    velour kids
    mommy hearts:)
  11. Carol_momof3

Carol_momof3 Enjoying my kids :)

My faves were Cloud 9 (SOOOO soft) and Bizzy B Hive (still have some of those, they are the CUTEST dipes!). I also really like Ivy Rose, way back when snap out soakers were new. Then I started sewing my own and never really looked back ;-)
  12. mommy2brent

mommy2brent soap junkie

ooh I loved gavies diapers to.I didnt know robin lost her baby how sad.I just went on the web site and she still has brents picture up from when he won a contest:eyes:
  13. free thinker

free thinker Active Member

I just started 4 years ago, so not as old time as some of you. I remember teh Fireflys (didn't work so well for us), Molly togs (I never got one b/c they weret oo $$, then she wnet out) and Sugar Peas were really nice! I loved the hemp JB (and still have a bunch) for my FB, but now they have the micro stuff,a nd I just don't like it at all.
  14. Megmama

Megmama Happy Happy Joy Joy

I'm still using Luke's Drawers...best nighttime diapers I've had so far..we got them 4 years ago used off ebay :lol:

I still use 4 year old and older kissaluvs too.

Pretty much all my diapers are ancient now..mostly inherited, some bought when Eli was a baby. Most of my covers are getting up there, too. I use mostly wool, many made by me..but I still have old stacinators, and I have a couple of patchwork wool covers that I got from branwyn that are starting to fray a bit..who made them escapes me...arrrgh..
  15. Gypsylily

Gypsylily Guest

Kissaluvs
    Rosie Cheeks
    Toadies
    Mollytogs
    Zippidys
    Valor kids
    Elke Bella

That's all I can think of ATM.
  16. Deanna

Deanna With arms wide open...

I switched to cloth just before ds turned 1, in '00. I absolutely loved Baby Moons (won 6 custom Baby Moons, in the first Chinese auction here), and original Fireflys, with the soaker sewn on the sides like wings (won a custom one of those too!). I have an original Bizzy B Hive (made by Sacha) that I still love, and Molly Togs and Cloth Babies that are wearing out, but still have a lot of life. I've got a Jenny Oh around here somewhere, and a Devin's Designs fleece cover that's about done. Fortunately, our Turtleduds fleece soaker is still going strong. I wanted Elkebellas, but the only one I got my hands on was a fleece cover with snap in diapers, and it hasn't worked well for either of my kids. Ooooh, and I loved my pinnable Country Cozys, and my Paige's P-Catchers. The only thing ds ever wore at night was original Fuzzi Bunz, fleece inner and outer, with a strip of pul inside. Sure wish she still made them like that, I loved the fleecy goodness! With dd, I loved newborn Nanipoos, and Poochies, I couldn't have diapered her infant butt without them!

Oh, and remember The Rag Lady? She made some super cool nursing shirts, by pairing recycled waffle weave henleys with flannel shirts. I wanted one so bad, but she didn't have a color combo that I liked in my size.
  17. Proud2bemama

Proud2bemama Active Member

Last edited: Jan 18, 2008
  18. Mary - Mary

Mary - Mary Amity's Focus Member

oh, yeah, I forgot about Fireflys. Yeah, mine were the original ones too. With the cute fabric outers. Man, I remember that she had a list a mile long. Took months until it was my turn.
  19. brayg

brayg Evil Genius

Tuesday Bear! OMG--I had like 5 of her awesome wool covers.

Then some drama happened and she no longer made them. *sniff* what ever happened to her? Is she still around?
  20. TheDoodysMom

TheDoodysMom Member

When I cloth diapered DS, I loved Cloud 9 Softies and Lukes Drawers. But also simple old Bumkins AIOs.

With DD, I had more hyena dipes and my favs were El Bees. :D