Okay, I'm very very new to the LOA stuff, but question one:

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Sunflower_Momma, May 16, 2007.

1. Sunflower_Momma

Sunflower_Momma "Christian"

what do you want? What are you looking for when it comes to this?

I've been thinking and I feel as if I don't really "want" the big things. I'm okay with this.

I want peace and grace. I want a business that supplements the overall well-being of my family, but nothing more. I want to be a good-enough mother. I want to be a good-enough wife. I want peace within the four walls of my home. I want to run a faster mile. I want to be a healing force for those with whom I work. But, mostly I just want peace and grace.
  2. Natalia

Natalia New Member

I can relate to all you write except for the faster mile -- though I would like to get deeper into my yoga poses. I have a good life and don't want a boat or a sports car or a huge yard. Though I would love to have my house adjoin a nature preserve, park or beach.

I want to be kind. I want to be a good mother, a good wife and a good daughter. I want to learn something each day and integrate it into my life. I am currently studying natural health and hope that one day I will help people on their paths to health and wholeness.

Here is the class dh and I will be taking in June. It sums up well what I want in addition to the things mentioned above.

LAW OF ATTRACTION: CREATING AND LIVING A PASSIONATE LIFE

Recommended Text: The Law of Attraction – The Seven Step Process for Creating a Passionate and Purposeful Life by Ted Brassfield

Learn how to raise your vibration to attract a passionate, exciting life of joy and fulfillment from the inside out. Class includes interactive participation covering The Law of Attraction and how to apply it specifically for creating and living passionately in every moment. This course is designed to take the Law of Attraction and apply it specifically to concentrate on manifesting passion in all aspects of our lives.
  3. mommymelly

mommymelly Amity's Focus Member

I feel like I have everything I want already and it's what has made me interested in The Secret. I'm living the life I want (for the most part), have the family and husband I want and I'm very content. It was only a few years ago that I realized what it was I wanted and now I have it. I guess what I want is for things to continue on the way they are and for my family to be healthy and safe. That's what I want right now.
  4. Kristerae

Kristerae Amity's Focus Member

I want to learn to apply my life for the betterment of mankind (starting with my family)

Yes I do want more money.

Probably more important than more money is perfect health for me.

I would like to overcome the times when things eat at me and bother me, and jsut stay positive.

I am pretty positive about 90% of the time.
    But the 10% I am not is terribly wicked! I dont like feeling negative or angry, grieved, worried about money or health, etc... and I feel like I have fallen into a hole when i am feeling that way.
  5. ladyturtle5366

ladyturtle5366 Call me Jenn

:waving: Hi KR!

Changing the wording to allow for what I want to already exist...

I am grateful for my coffee business.
    I am grateful that is sustains our family, and allows us more time to be together and enjoy each other.
    I am grateful that through my business I am able to travel the world connecting with small independant coffee farms, connecting them with TransFair and helping them to build better lives for their families.
    I am grateful for my healthy, happy family. We only get sick enough to build our bodies stronger.
    I am grateful for my ability to share my passion of natural living with the world.
    I am grateful that we have the environmentally friendly home we want, the hybrid/flex fuel cars we want, and the toys that my husband and boys enjoy.
    I am grateful that there is plenty for everyone, and abundance is available for all who ask.

These are the things I want.
  6. mamatanya

mamatanya the bead lady

What do I want? I want to let go of attachment to my current life and allow my and especially my husbands dreams - with idea of "this or something better."
    What do I want when it comes to this? I want to let go of clutter and things that are broken. I want to move past being "the fixer" and move into being a true creator. This is a big one for me. I can't quite seem to get started clearing things out. I know that if I just start it will happen but I am paralyzed by how much there is to get rid of, how much weight to lose, how much work to do a lot of things. I've seen that things can change overnight that I thought would be a life time of work. But I haven't moved past my mental block about having everything to be prepared, fixing things, etc. I suppose it's a form of control.
    I need to trust that the universe really is like Mary Poppin's bag and I can pull from it whatever I need.
  7. Kristerae

Kristerae Amity's Focus Member

The fixer...is this a woman thing do you all suppose? let me tell ya I feel the same way and sometimes it is almost crippling to the indivuality I have aside from being the mother of my children...or even the wife of my husband.

Constantly trying to help others and then I sit there broken and dont know how to fix myself....
    Do we all sacrifice this way as women or is this a personality trait?
    Tanya, girl I hear what you are saying.

I go through bouts of needing to clear out (done the weight loss thing already...and doing pretty good except I have put on several pounds again but very aware of this pitfall of my life)
    And often taking the first step is what starts the process for me...I may not know where to start but doing something seems to begin the journey.:D

Then I look back and go, whoa it seemed so overwhelming but once I began it just flowed...my problems is always getting past the mental block too.

Sorry to go off topic...this was jsut a trigger in my mind of a very real hangup I battle too.
  8. 3boysnagrl

3boysnagrl Amity's Focus Member

I am grateful for:
    the adoption of a baby.
    having an abundant amount of money.

I can sometimes actually feel the baby we will be adopting. I can feel this baby's skin on it's face, see the baby wrapped in a blanket in my arms while I am rocking. I can smell the baby's head, and it smells like Burt's Bees Baby Bee. ;) I have bought some burp cloths and a toy for our baby already. I know this baby is ours.
  9. Natalia

Natalia New Member

Continuing off topic ... Another thing for me is being the silent suffer. Yes, fixing things for everyone (at least I think I am). Make everything right or easier or more pleasant for my family. But don't say anything. Keep it all inside.

And in attempt to drag this back on topic...it seems that these types of perceptions of myself limit my being able to implement the law of attraction better -- or rather, it is working perfectly but am attracting somethhing other than the things I actually want. Because as much as I KNOW my life is good, as often as I talk about it being good, lots of times I am FEELING "Life is really hard. For everyone. And I know lots of people have tougher roads than mine. But this is so hard for me. Oh, woe is me." :sob: :tears: :lol:
  10. mamagael

mamagael Moderator Staff Member

This is exactly what I do to. I wish I could make that 10% 0% :)

I want all kinds of things, more time at home, less stress at work, my husband in a happy job situation. I'm trying to be less attached to the idea that more $ is the only path to my goals. I think it is the attachment that $ is the answer is my biggest hold up. In a universe of infinate possibilities, there may be hundreds of paths that I cannot even begin to imagine. So, I am trying to focus on the results that I desire and not think that *I* know the way. I have found time and time again that when I wish and want totally without any attachment at all things unfold in amazing ways to the point where I really feel like I have amazing powers (or I'm psychic :lol: ).
  11. mamatanya

mamatanya the bead lady

OK, I'm feeling much more positive today. I've been in such a process of change, sometimes I feel like I need to have a bit of down energy for contrast to the incredible highs of moving through personal issues.
    As far as taking care of others, that has been one of the biggest and best shifts for me. I now write affirmations that those in my life are wonderful, capable, etc and work on really feeling this and low and behold, they are. It has been the greatest lesson to me.
    And I loaded the back of my vehicle with stuff to get rid of yesterday and was amazed at how little time it took and how much stuff I got rid of that quickly. Still have to drop it off but I'm feeling great about my spacious and clutter free home that is all packed up and ready for my move. ;)
    I also started with Dh on dealing with finances. This is an area that I used to let myself feel bad and Dh used to get angry while denying that he was angry. So I thought about really loving all that I had gotten for what I was signing checks for and made Dh a brownie sundae as he worked on everything. I don't know if you can read this article without joining WWoW but it's really great - Money as Appreciation
    And I'm most excited about really supporting Dh in pursuing his wildest dreams. He's really an inventor. So I'm getting behind that and supporting him as I feel it's really very exciting that he has a dream and a talent that can make a huge difference in the world and will create the life we have always pictured ourselves living.
    And mamaGael, we do have amazing powers! I love it when I tune in and use them.
  12. Natalia

Natalia New Member

Absolutely. :p

Irina, are you Ukrainian? I know you've mentioned living in Ukraine. My parents came to the States as young children and both are ethnic Ukrainians. I mention this because I think that "martyrdom" is part of my ethnic heritage. Definately a trait many from my parents' immigration carry. Many weekends of my childhood were spent at assemblies where we recognized various aspects of our heritage -- and lamented the imprisoned, downtrodden condition of our homeland. There was joy and celebration, but always with the shadow of our lack of national identity. Hmm...I should be writing this in my journal. I think I may learn something about myself...
  13. ladyturtle5366

14. mamatanya

mamatanya the bead lady

I love it Irina!
  15. ladyturtle5366

I love it too! I think I will work on my own!