Okay, gotta ask why AIO's are made NOTHING like they used to be!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Cloth Diapering' started by crosseyedtoad, Apr 7, 2005.

1. rjeast

rjeast New Member

Yep I think its the drying factor and getting them clean factor as well. I hate hunting down the outside and the inners to put a diaper on. Thats one of the reasons I dont really do pockets much....too much work. So, I do make an all in one that is one piece but quick drying too. It has 2 separate soakers sewn in at the ends. Each one has 2 layers of microfiber terry and 1 layer of hemp fleece (the microfiber absorbs quickly and the hemp has staying power).

My site is down currently but I will post a pic of the ones I sew.

Attached Files:

2. mom2wildgirls

mom2wildgirls Snugglebug AIO'S

I make the trifold lay in soaker for it was what was a big demand when I first started making diapers. I do make the sewn in soakers or internal soakers if that is what they want. It is a choice in my store. The trifolds I make fit all the way from front to back and are about 6 layers of sherpa and micro or whatever you choose. They dry faster then normal. I plan on redoing my layout of things in a few months and will keep your coments in mind:).

My trifolds also can be used for many other things also like burp rags, diaper changing pad, stuffing pocket diapers and so on.
  3. crosseyedtoad

crosseyedtoad Our twins are "3" already

Sweet Pickles..........

Remember those pumpkin patch diapers that she made that sold for like $50-60? They were made in the shape/colors of fruits or something????.... I can't remember exactly but they were sooo cute! She made them when I first started cd'ing which would have been 5-6 years ago I think...>>>>>>>>>>>>

I think you are talking about Sweet Pickles, not Pumpkin Patch. Alot of the time they went for $100.00. I have a watermelon one I need to cut the cord to, I can't seem to part with it. She also made cowboy ones, gosh, tons and they were adorable. I have a bumble bee one I am keeping for the twins, it has wings on the back that flapped when Lauren ran. LOL
  4. MonsterBabyMama

MonsterBabyMama New Member

Angie, I do the same thing. I think a trifold is much more absorbent than a rectangle style doubler...not sure how anyone is supposed to expect them to work for more than half an hour. But the trifolds can go all night long AND dry fast!!

I used to make my AIO's true...but they took at least an hour to dry and were a pita to sew with so many layers. I really love the fit and simplicity of an "aio" with a snap in trifold soaker. Mine are windpro outers/hemp inners and soakers, so they seem to breathe better than the PUL as well.

I want to know what happened to using windpro for AIO's??
  5. annsni

annsni Amity's Focus Member

Even though they are a little more work, I think the quick dry soakers in AIOs work great if there is enough absorbancy in the soaker. Candy's diapers (Bizzy B Hive) and Lucy's Hope Chest are both diapers that worked great with my super duper heavy wetter son and I'm now using on my lighter wetter daughter. I love my one Luke's Drawers but my light wetter can pee through it pretty quickly so we don't use it much. Ivy Rose's were other diapers that worked great on my son and then we used fitteds with covers or prefolds/covers. The best diaper for my son at night was Candy's Wool cover with the snap-in soaker and a fleece-topped Joey Bunz thrown in on top. We NEVER leaked through this combo when he'd consistently go through Fuzzi Bunz or other night diapers - AND disposables!

Like I said, the quick dry soakers are a bit more work because you have to put them together but they dry so much faster and I know that they're getting cleaner. My few HoneyBoys need to go through the full dryer cycle and are still quite damp when the rest of my soakers are fully dry. I hang them up for another day or so to finish drying which is a pain.

Ann
  6. Harmony

Harmony Spinning in Circles

I have a beautiful Wee Pants diaper that I haven't been able to part with yet.
    I, too, love the tri-fold soaker. I like them to snap in though.
    One of my favorite dipes was a Fiona's Favorite. I liked it as much as my Many Ducks.
    I did have a cool leopard Molly Tog aio that was incredible. It was trim and absorbent and even dried quickly. :cloud9:
    We went with prefolds and wraps this time around. I like them fine on my boy, but I just had to have all the beautiful wahm dipes for my girl. :heart:
  7. secondhandsheep

secondhandsheep New Member

I second Very Baby. I also like the internal soaker and snap in or lay in doubler.
  8. Sunni

Sunni Trying to find Peace

I *loved* mollytogs and I had her make a bunch for me since she lived locally! I still have some Mollytogs in great shape... I will probably be putting a bunch of diapers (mostly great older styles) up for sale in the next few weeks.
  9. MeeMawAnn

MeeMawAnn New Member

When reading this post, I had to inject here, that I just stocked some fleece aio's they have a large snap in contour diaper part (three layers of hemp or organic cotton) and a three layer contour doubler with micro on it, the outer shell is MM windpro fleece and micro with cute applique designs on the bum. you can see them here: www.tykiediapers.com if you are interested. They should work for most babies.