ok someone help before I sell out!!!

Discussion in 'Cloth Diapering' started by tarablesue, Oct 24, 2005.

1. tarablesue

tarablesue ~PeAce~

to cloth that is...i used prefolds and wraps ( bumkins) with the girls and fuzzibunz with microfiber towels at night. well sully is a heavy heavy wetter.he goes through a regular size prefold in an hour, a fuzzibunz with 2 large microfiber towels is useless at night because 3 times i have woke up ith pee all over us both by 3 am. ( he goes to sleep aroung 9-10 pm)he has a rash that doesn't go away until i put him in sposies , ive stripped my dipes and soaked them in baking soda and vingar too. fuzzibun seem to help with the rash but they are no good at night. are the joieybunz inserts good ? i ve never used them.i want so adly to use cloth but everything i know has failed...im about to sell everything and resort to sposies :rolleyes:
  2. Dishka

Dishka All outta sparkle

Im absolutely no help since Ive sold out myself. But :hug:

And ps if you wanna try out some joey knockoffs that I made I have some FS *paranoid* actually its a bunch of hemp jersey and hemp fleece stuffers. I used to use 2 joeys overnight with James (HEAVY wetter) and he would wake up with no leaks. I think it came to 12 layers of hemp jersey and it wasnt as bulky as I thought it would have been.
  3. Selissa

Selissa Who said I was Girly????

you can also put a wool cover on over a well stuffed fuzzibunz or hemp fitted and it will be much more leak proof
  4. brayg

brayg Evil Genius

Back when Owen was in diapers and I used FBs, we stuffed with 2 joeys and a microterry insert on top of that.

You could also try fitteds and wool...fitteds are generally more absorbent than just a pocket w/inserts because the absorbent material wraps around, not just in the crotch area. Wool is wonderful and actually absorbs 30 percent of its weight...it may feel damp in the morning but shouldn't leak on you. :)
  5. juliebelle

juliebelle taking pictures

i had to use 2 hemp inserts with savannah...that was the only thing that worked when she was little in a fuzzibunz
  6. EMTonya

EMTonya learning....click...

i second the wool use. you could use a prefold "stuffed" w/ the microterry & wool over all that. i've also found that if i only use wool covers, i have no odor issues! plus wool is breathable which may help w/his rash.
  7. norasmama

norasmama Nigel's mama too!

Nigel peed so much at a time that a Fuzzi Bunz would leak at night, even though the back part wasn't totally soaked. I gave up on FB at night, and went to Prefolds with an extra washcloth as a doubler and a piece of fleece as a liner to get rid of the rash.

But right now He's in disposables while we prepare to move. I just couldn't keep up with the laundry and pack the house at the same time.
  8. rjeast

rjeast New Member

We are sell outs too. We used rumpsters (old style) all in ones during the day and wool and fitteds at night. Terrick and Tevin both pee a river. Our system worked pretty good but I got tired of the bulk.

Good luck :)
  9. lovencloth

lovencloth Amity's Focus Member

I swear by Wonder-fuls inserts. They are a total of 6 layers of hemp that look like a contour diaper. It is a two piece insert that has a small and large portion, Mikayla is a super heavy wetter, but up until she was 14 months I was able to only use one, it is really trim and soaks up a lot. Now, I use 2 of the larger portions of the Wonder-fuls with 1 short portion on top, she has never leaked at night with that. Another good (inexpensive) option is the Jam Tots foldable hemp insert. Honestly, I have never found a better insert than hemp wonder-fuls, they can be hard to find, and you have to do a little looking around for price but, by far, they are the best and they fit inside the FBs.

These are the least expensive I've found and I have been treated well at this site http://www.zensicallife.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=190_204&products_id=69

Good Luck!
  10. willowsmama

willowsmama New Member

I don't use pockets. I tried a FB and it leaked so bad I gave the thing away. Willow peed and it literally pooled on top until she adjusted her leg and it could run out the side.

I love wool. We use toddler pf's with an infant pf trifolded inside. Wool longies go over it all. no leaks. I could probably wring out the diaper (my Gavin is serious about his sleep) come morning but my bed is dry. Plus longies double as jammy pants and keep my Ican'tsleepunderthecovers guy warm.
  11. oceana

oceana New Member

I really suggest Hemp stuffers. They are amazing. I have one or two FS if you want to try them.

OK here is my new cloth addiction Suzie's one size. They are really well made, mostly hemp and hold ALOT of liquid. You can buy them at http://www.christensencreations.com

Trouble with them is... they are super hard to get they are stocked once a week on friday at a random time and are totally sold out in under 1 min. They are also super expensive.

The silly people we are though, as soon as the 1 I bought arrived we poured water on it to see how much it would hold... It did.

I own one.

Goodluck
    julie
  12. punkin

punkin Amity's Focus Member

I used to put 1 reg. prefold and 1 premium prefold on taylor w/ a homemade wool soaker (from a sweater). Sometimes I even used 2 premiums. The wool really helped her skin to breathe and as soaked as the dipes were, her skin didnt feel wet. This never leaked.

For daytime, maybe using the premiums instead of the regular prefolds, or add an infant prefold as a doubler.
  13. tarablesue

tarablesue ~PeAce~

Are the hemp inserts you mention hard to find? Do you know what they are made of? How much are you asking for your two? Are they joeybunz. or similar?
    thanks.
  14. tarablesue

tarablesue ~PeAce~

I might try this since ive been wanting to try joeys and thats really all Id have to buy.And Dh is the nighttime parent ( ie gets kids ready for and in bed ) becasue I work. So this would be the most DH friendly option, since i can prestuff it and say the "x" color Fuzzibunz is the diaper you put on him before bed...if i try to tell him to put a fb on him and then put wool over it, blah, blah ,blah, he'd just as soon put a sposie on and I really am trying to show dh cloth is easy..lol
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2005
  15. juliebelle

i use the ones my sister's company made (which i'm sure are the ones julie is talking about b/c she sewed for jami's company)...they are similar to joeybunz..the ones i have are a little wider.

what i have found is that hemp absorbs more but the micro towels absorb faster...so when sj was young it was a little pee a lot of times...so the hemp was better. when she got older i added a micro towel b/c she was holding it and going a lot at a time.

hope that helps.
  16. tarablesue

tarablesue ~PeAce~

See Sullypees a lot of pee at one time. lol Like I said a regular prefold will hold 2 pees and it is soaked, sometimes not even that. :rolleyes:

does jami ( company) still make them? Id definatel;y be interested, but Im waiting to hear from julie and going to ebay for some inserts. thanks:)
  17. juliebelle

jami's not sewing right now...so i'd get what oceana has and then go to ebay

jami's company was/is mrs macadoos...
  18. oceana

oceana New Member

nak so i am gonna do this in links

hemp fleece, i think its even organic... not certain baby brain and all. trifolds are 2 layers, contors are 3 fuzzy side in to prevent pilling. fabric was preshrunk and prewashed

http://www.amitymama.com/vb/showthread.php?t=251710

julie
  19. oceana

oceana New Member

still nak

if you like them i would be happy to do one or two customs and make you a full set

julie