Ok now I'm confused about the points??

Discussion in 'EFT, Emotional Freedom Technique' started by mum21andtwins, Jun 4, 2009.

1. mum21andtwins

mum21andtwins New Member

So I spent naptime looking at utube videos and they all seem to pick and choose tappingpoints, why?
    Like one will do the facial ones and the collerbone but not on top of the head and under the arm. one will do the facial ones and under the arm but not on top of the head etc. So what would be the right complete number of points and does it matter in which order you do them? The ones who did the top of the head generally did the head last except for the ones aimed at kids they did the points from top to bottom.

anyone any ideas?
  2. Percy's Mom

Percy's Mom New Member

That is confusing isn't it. When I started there was one way recommended and then some variations were added. The variations are really nuance - they are personal preference.

I love to tap in the car - so underarm can be difficult while on the head is much easier. You may see that Natalia started a thread on people's favorite tapping point.

Don't let the options stand in your way. Select whatever points you are most drawn to. As you get more into it you may wish to read more and try more variations - as you do you may discover that some points or series get better results for you. But for now just jump in with the series of points that most appeals to you. Very likely your intuition will lead you to the tapping points that will work the best for you.

The most important thing is to not worry about "getting it right" but just jump in and give it a try. You can't pick a wrong point or a wrong order. So just get started. It can really bring comfort and change.
  3. mum21andtwins

mum21andtwins New Member

Thanks.
    I have been using it and ds1 calls it my monkey dance.
    I was just reading the thread you mentioned. I guess I'll keep doing what I'm doig then.

4. Percy's Mom

Percy's Mom New Member

I love "monkey dance". How clever.
  5. Linda

Linda Amity's Focus Member

The points used are the endpoints of meridians. Some practitioners have 'favorites' or favorite sequences.

I would say pick the basic sequence that you like..stick to that...learn it..and you can mix it up and modify as you go. At the top of our forum there is a sticky with videos from Deborah who used to moderate this forum. There is one of me...showing how to do continuous tapping or covert tapping that shows another variety of meridian points.

The shortcut sequence by Gary Craig is;

Karate chop,
    Eyebrow
    outside eye
    under eye
    under nose
    chin
    collar bone
    under arm

I also like top of head(always use it)
    gamut (love it~and really like the 9 gamut sequence when something is clearing but gets stuck)
    sometimes liver point
    wrist inside and out(feels really good to me)

all these are meridian points..and all are valuable. IN his DVD series on one of the DVD's they explore some of the 'other' points I listed above...
    You can also use the ones on the spine...for example on a child lying across your lap:) But obviously those are not accessible for someone tapping on their own.

the all stimulate the energy system of the body...create an electrical charge when tapped and will help rebalance your energy in relation to the negative emotions and neutralise them.

I love the monkey dance! kids are wonderful:)
  6. Linda

Linda Amity's Focus Member

7. mum21andtwins

mum21andtwins New Member

Thanks for that :)
    I think I'm getting the hang of it