Nursing while pregnant?

Discussion in 'Breastfeeding' started by It'sMe, Jul 7, 2009.

1. It'sMe

It'sMe New Member

Hello,

I'm new to Amity's, but was hoping some mamas could help me out. I'm currently nursing DS2 and am 19 wks pregnant. DS2 is only 15 mo. and I really don't want to wean him, especially since his world will be changing so much with a baby in the house. However, nursing is extremely painful now. Does anyone know if this will last the entire pregnancy? I don't know if I can continue for 20 more weeks! I'm only nursing a couple times a day, so maybe I just need to suck it up. I'd love to hear about others' experiences!
    Thanks,
    S.
  2. Briefaerie

Briefaerie New Member

I nursed my toddler the first 6 months of my last pregnancy but didn't have any pain. I finally stopped because of anemia and still wish I hadn't had to....that was 7 months ago. Wish I could help w/ some ideas.
  3. tarablesue

tarablesue ~PeAce~

No it didn't hurt me at all after i got into the 3rd trimester. I nursed all of my babies through pregnancies and tandem nursed when the new baby came along.

Welcome to Amity's!
  4. thea

thea Active Member

I found nursing while pregnant painful, but it did decrease over time. Toward the beginning, when it hurt a lot, I just figured it was worth the pain to be able to meet my toddler's needs while lying on the bed. That and easily getting her down for a nap.
    Welcome to Amity's!
  5. It'sMe

It'sMe New Member

Thanks for sharing your stories. You've definitely given me hope to keep going. For the most part, my dh has been able to put him down at night now, which also really helps. I can certainly make it to my third trimester. Good to have a short term goal!!!
    Thanks again!
    -S.
  6. jen0608

jen0608 New Member

Honestly I can't relate to your experience since I only got a daughter right now but your stories here gives me an idea of what it's like if that is my situation.
  7. mom2tig99Nroo03

mom2tig99Nroo03 MamaBearishFireman'sFlame

my ds self-weaned due to supply reduction, then picked up once dd was born- tandem nursed for 11 months.
  8. bradlys

bradlys Guest

I could not relate on this one but I have friends who are into this also. They say it has downsides because of heightened hormones that causes mood swings.
  9. tash

tash New Member

I nursed my oldest through my pregnancy. I don't remember it hurting really bad though. She weaned after he was born since she was only nursing to sleep and I needed to nurse him to sleep tool and it was hard to do both at the same time and get any hope of sleep myself. I told her to wait her turn until he was done and by that point she was usually asleep too so she weaned when he was 4 or 5 weeks old.
  10. peachypreen

peachypreen New Member

I nursed through my pregnancies... some of them were harder because it was painful in the beginning, but it did decrease over time, in my later 2nd/3rd tri. They were all a bit more difficult in that my supply all but disappeared, but that's a whole 'nother can of worms. I hope it lets up for you soon!