Nursing Tops ~ Shecki? Anyone?

Discussion in 'Sewing & Craft' started by AnaYoga, Jul 21, 2005.

1. AnaYoga

AnaYoga Just kidding

I think I remember Shecki sns'ing a bunch of nursing tops. What pattern did you use?

TIA
    :happy:
  2. Nutmeg

Nutmeg Pencils down :(

Not Shecki but I know her ;) She uses the Elizabeth Lee patterns.
  3. AnaYoga

AnaYoga Just kidding

lol, thanks :)
  4. Deepgreen

Deepgreen New Member

Hmm I remember someone snsing a *boob* opening nursing top....there is a website and I lost the URL for it. Some good ideas for creating a nursing shirt from a regular pattern that fits you well. Hope someone chimes in with that url, I'd like to look at it again.

Jan has some good ideas here nursing top links

I have a bunch of the EL nursing patterns nip that I never used if you might be interested. I will take some pics today.

good luck :)
  5. martinanne

martinanne Loving my girls!

That was me. :) Here's the link to the Boob (aka Overlap) style nursing top instructions. You can modify most any t-shirt pattern to do this.

Boob (Overlap) style nursing access

That page shows Emma's different examples. Near the top is a link to her page where she gives specific directions how to do it. It's very easy. Works best with a close-fitting t-shirt pattern.
  6. AnaYoga

AnaYoga Just kidding

thank you!! *bookmarking*
  7. hoppytoad

hoppytoad New Member

Hi... just kind of butting in here since you guys don't really know me.... :waving:

If you don't mind, though, does anyone have a favorite basic t-shirt pattern? I don't like t-shirts to be skin-tight, but definitely more fitted and with shorter sleeves than a plain old Hanes or something similar.

Thanks!
  8. BonaDea

BonaDea stopped by to fix a link

wow that is a cool opening I wish it had been around/known when I was bfing for years on end.

karen, I, and some others on the board, have found traceing our fav shirts to be the best way to get the fit we like. With so many shapes and sizes it is hard to find one that is user friendly.
  9. grtlyblesd

grtlyblesd Amity's Focus Member

Hi Ana! :) Once I got the hang of the ELD pattern, I was able to use the overlay piece with other patterns, too. I did nursing hoodies last year with a Kwik Sew hoodie pattern and a morphed ELD overlay.

I'm not NIP as much now that Furby is bigger and goes longer between feeds, so my recent shirts have been flap free, lol. :D I have oodles of ELD patterns if you're looking for some that Lorissa doesn't have.
  10. AnaYoga

AnaYoga Just kidding

Thanks Shecki! Sorry I missed this post til now, I haven't been on much. I'll let you know!!