nm

Discussion in 'EFT, Emotional Freedom Technique' started by Kristerae, Apr 19, 2008.

1. Kristerae

Kristerae Amity's Focus Member

I should never had put this out there....thanks
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2008
  2. Linda

Linda Amity's Focus Member

Hey KR..
    I read your post last night and this morning went searching for some of my posts to support you. I will dig some up later and post them for you to read to see if they interest you...

I understood what you were saying~even though I have never been through a cancer diagnosis or treatment. It can be so hard going to a support group for the support and cammeraderie that is so essential, but then also feeling like it is feeding your unhealthy level of fears about your illness..leading to an illness mentality which you know is not the way to stay healthy.

I also understood what you said about being a woman....and getting older...I am not having those issues shoved in my face just yet...but I know that I will face them eventually:)

I have had incredible successes with EFT both emotionally and physically. I think it would be so helpful to you and work beautifully with your herbal path. EFT can help give you back the balance you are seeking in your life..help you not keep looking over your shoulder waiting for something awful to happen.

This forum can be very slow...sometimes when you post it can take a while before anyone responds.

If you want to talk(via computer or phone), I am ALWAYS here for you! If you want me to delete my post, please just ask:)

We have a private forum here that you can easily join if you want privace for posting. We all use it once in a while.

Blessings
  3. Kristerae

Thanks Linda, it is ok. I just saw there were several reads, no response, and it was very hard to jsut open up and let those emotions flow and try to express my stuck emotional energy.

So off and on today I have been trying to read here to get a sense of what this is, and if it truly works. And if it will work for me.:)
  4. branwyn

branwyn fasting and cleansing

email me if you want to stay in touch - madhousema
    im sorry i missed your post, i am always inspired by you and always want to be there/here for you when you need someone.
  5. Linda

Linda Amity's Focus Member

6. Kristerae

Great! Thank you Linda and Branwyn:)
  7. Rhea

Rhea Tickled by the view

Hey Sweet Mama,

I read your post and have thought about it off and on, about what I might be able to say that would be helpful. I haven't faced anything like what you are facing. And it seemed to trivialize what you are facing to tell you how it helped me to make a poster.

I do think that after a support meeting it would be great to tap on any fears that came up. Like, "Even though John has relapsed and it seems like everyone does eventually, I completely love and accept myself." "Even though I'm afraid I'll relapse, I completely love and accept myself."

EFT is Great for hitting fears head on and getting rid of them. Not just fears of course, also worries, nagging thoughts, anger.

Facing it all head on is what I've been doing lately and I've been referring to it as embracing the negative. Sometimes that includes cusswords in my set-up phrase. :)

If with regards to something I have the thought, "I just HATE when ____" then that's my set-up phrase. "Even though I just HATE it when ____" It's been working great. I love being able to contemplate something that was bothering me and just feel peace. And it has made for a more peaceful mama with my children since I'm not carrying around all this upset, likely to burst at any moment. ;)

Years ago I heard this in a sermon of all things. Plan for the worst so you can believe for the best. The idea is that by planning for the worst (you buy house insurance) you then have peace with which to move forward in a positive manner. Using EFT on the bad stuff, the ick stuff, gives us the peace to move forward. Our bodies, minds, and emotions all benefit.

A recent concrete example of EFT helping me. To help out a friend I did an outline for a poster, thinking the idea might be used but someone else would be asked to actually do the art. I ended up being asked to finish it with the possibility of it going on the exhibit guides, I would get paid if they used it (I needed the money), and I was very nervous because I'd never done anything like this before and had a deadline. Then a couple days later I find out the artist who submitted a sketch for the actual poster refused to make changes, and my poster, if it was good enough (after all, I'd never done this before and they'd never seen my work) would be the actual poster posted up and down the peninsula. Talk about nervous. My hand would shake as I tried to work on it.

So I tapped on every negative thought I could think of. "Even though -
    I'm scared it'll be crap
    I'm afraid I'll embarrass myself
    it won't be good enough and they'll give it back
    I don't have the paper or tools to do this right
    - until I felt mostly peaceful. Yeah, I never got completely peaceful. :)

And many days later I finished it one day early as I'd planned and turned it over, with confidence, and feeling peaceful that it might be used, it might not. (Though I did want it used, and wanted to be paid, especially after the hours I'd put into it.) Intermediate result: It's going on the exhibit guide books, I got paid, and it might also end up being the poster for this year's fair, but I won't know until after the board members view it.

With EFT I got to the calm spot from which I could work. I love EFT. I'm using it to cut down trees (that's where you work through a list of things - memories, thoughts, anything that comes up - that in any way bothers you) and I've just recently started applying it to things I want to manifest. Before I'd tap on the positive side, but now, I've stepped over to the dark side, baby. ;) Are you familiar with the buffet analogy? There's all this food to choose from and you pick what you want, you don't rant and rave about the food in the buffet that you don't like. You don't go on and on about the scrambled eggs if you don't like them, you simple get the roast beef you love, etc.

Well, sometimes in life we are living with the scrambled egg and friggin' pissed about it. I've been doing the focus on what I want stuff, and am not speaking against it, but saying that for me I've found I need to deal with my emotions around those buffet items I don't want. Especially when I'm living with them.

And, I'm using EFT in another way too. (Thanks to a great EFT article.) Sometimes we need to ask ourselves "Why haven't I (or have I) manifested this? In what way does it protect me? What am I gaining by not having it?" (Or by having the opposite.) I'm slowly going through the items on my Treasure Map that I still want in my life that haven't manifested and wow have I gotten some interesting answers. I'm embarrassed to say that in one case the answer was, "If I have it, I'll have to let go of my anger at _____" Whoa. I hadn't even known that was there.

Okay, so I got very wordy. In short, your post required a thoughtful response, a heartfelt sharing, and until that poster was done all I had time for was reading and quicky responses. But I have been thinking about you and what I might share that could be of help.

With love,
    Rhea
  8. Kristerae

Rhea...lol you explained very well.

I am not upset but rather a little embarrassed to have put that up. I was exposing several wounds at once and it was maybe something I should not have put out. So please dont feel bad.

I think that is really cool that you concurred that with EFT.

I am intrigued. At this point I need some gentle help. Thanks ya'll
  9. lakshmi_mama

lakshmi_mama cleaning house

:hug: I didn't read your OP KR, but I just wanted to let you know I am reading now FWIW. This forum is quite slow but what does get written is always heartfelt and well thought out. Stick around. I think you will find that EFT is much more powerful than you may think.

(and expect to see loads of reads and non-responses now because putting 'nm' in the subject line of a post draws in spectators like nobodies business. ;) lol )
  10. Kristerae

LMAO! Yes, I thought that was the way we were suppose to do it if we deleted our post..lol

At least that is what I always see...lol

FWIW? I am not sure what that is, sweetheart.
  11. Natalia

Natalia New Member

Kristena.

I've been away and did not see your post, but this is my favorite forum and I am glad you are here. I hope you do stay and hang out with us. I am learning and growing and healing here.
  12. Deborah

Deborah New Member

Hi,

I apologize that you posted something important and you didn't get answered or seen or responded to. Thanks for letting us know and coming back for another chance ...

Somehow I didn't see the original post either so I don't know what you asked about but generally, the main site to go to for EFT is emofree.com. You can get a free manual that gets you started. And there are thousands of case studies to browse. Linda does an incredible job of posting articles here from that site. The newsletter is very inspiring as well ...

It's hard to explain EFT here but once you delve into some of the resources available, we can offer ideas and suggestions on how to apply EFT to your particular area of concern. There are some smart and intuitive mamas here who are very supportive. If you request membership to the private forum, you might be more comfortable posting there ...

Sorry I missed you (the first time around at least ...)
    Hugs,
    Deborah
  13. Kristerae

That is ok Deborah. Really, like I said it was sensitive, just writing it all out.
    As I have time I have been reading here to try and understand. I am an herbalist, and the plants have truly been my allies, but sometimes I need more help with the internal stuff. So this seems like a positive step toward learning these things.
    Thank you:)
  14. Deborah

Deborah New Member

Hi Kristena,
    I love what you write about plants being your friends ... I get a real sense of gentleness and honoring in your words and energy ...

EFT is one of several modalities I use for myself, homeopathy being another. There is such a natural collaboration between all of the energy modalities.
    Glad you are here,
    Deborah
  15. Kristerae

I saw Deborahs video and have done some of that but also there has been so much going on I dont remember alot. And I dont know what I am doing. lol