NLP

Discussion in 'EFT, Emotional Freedom Technique' started by Rhea, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Rhea

Rhea Tickled by the view

I haven't read anything on NLP in... oh... at least 5 years, and then it was Anthony Robbins. I went through one of the techniques with my husband and his fear of wasps, and it went away and stayed away. (Last summer he was again happy as can be to be able to deal with a wasp's nest without fear.)

My question - what books do you recommend?

Rhea

2. Linda

Linda Amity's Focus Member

I dugup the Rec's my NLP master gave me. I just purchased and read on coaching..that I liked a lot.
    Coaching With NLP by Joseph O'Conner and Andrea Lages. I came across it 'by accident' two times in a bookshop here and felt drwn to purchase it. IT was a good purchase for me.

The ones Rehana recommended when I asked for books from her(there are TONS...) NLP is most defintely about DOING rather than reading. Well, like EFT~lol!

structure of magic 1 &11

excellent books....1 is about all the processes
    and 11 is about therapeutic interventions.
    Amazon.com: The Structure of Magic: A Book About Language and Therapy (Structure of Magic): Richard Bandler: Books
    Amazon.com: The Structure of Magic II: A Book About Communication and Change (Book 2): John Grinder,Richard Bandler: Books
  3. Rhea

Rhea Tickled by the view

Well, yeah! :) But in order for me to DO I'm going to have to learn. I remember nothing more about what I did before than it having something to do with the way I visualized an event, colors, size, stuff like that, but no details.

See, I'm still stuck on this *thing* that I've got to accomplish, that I want to accomplish. As far as wanting to do it and be successful at it - no resistance. This truly is something I want. BUT, I'm still not doing it. I'm doing very little. And that is going to lead to failure. I thought it would be worth it to apply NLP to it. Come at it from more than one direction. :) I feel like I've tapped on it from every conceivable angle. I'm missing something, and dern it all, this is a timeliness issue. I've got to get moving.

Thank you for the book recommendations, I'll go check them out.

Is there a thread somewhere with the books that Rehana recommended?

Rhea
  4. Linda

Linda Amity's Focus Member

Rehana recommended Structure of Magic 1 and 2..which I have not read yet. I read the coaching one.

I admire your persistence! Keep at it. ALSO..a gentle reminder...

STAY OUT OF YOUR HEAD!

:)
  5. Deborah

Deborah New Member

(Thanks for the book recommendations Linda -- I've been wanting to learn more myself and will check them out.)