new to this forum

Discussion in 'EFT, Emotional Freedom Technique' started by brooken, Dec 4, 2007.

1. brooken

brooken New Member

I'm new to EFT and this forum, but I've had a lot of success with energy work in the past so thought I'd give it a try.
    I'm currently 12 weeks pregnant in a high risk preganacy that is putting me through an emotional roller coaster. About a month ago after watching the sticky videos I did some tapping on "fear of pregnancy" and it really helped, I felt a profound shift in my emotions about it after only one session. But haven't yet developed it as a practice, and now I need to go back and watch them again. ;)
    I just need some key to spiritually and emotionally connecting with my body at this time, and not being overwhelmed by fears about what's going on.
    If anyone has any resources or links about EFT for pregnancy, that would be great. Also thoughts about mind/body and attracting physical health too. :)
    Thanks!
  2. Natalia

Natalia New Member

Welcome! I'm quite new to EFT too. Though I discovered it initially years ago, I am now using it a lot. Having this forum for support and motivation is very helpful to me.

This is Gary Craig (founder of EFT) site. I find the site very helpful as I can find almost anything there.
    Using EFT in Pregnancy and During Childbirth
  3. Linda

Linda Amity's Focus Member

Welcome Dawn, great to have you here.:) Congrats on your pregnancy!!! :cloud9: I am pleased for you that you had such a good shift early on in your experience. If you ever feel like you are not shifting, tap while reminding yourself of your successes. It can really help give you courage to move forward.
    I so wish I had known EFT when I was pregnant~lol!

EFT is a pattern interrupt. So, for any fears or issues rolling around in your mind you have regarding this pregnancy, you can say them out loud while you are tapping. This is how you interrupt the negative pattern.

Also, it would be helpful to tap on any issues you have from your big girl's birth:) Any issues.incidents with that birth that give you intensity?

Healing your own birth story can be incredibly helpful.

Now these fears you have regarding this pregnancy. Some of my first simplest questions for you would be...
    When earlier in your life was the FIRST time you felt this way? Or the WORST time you felt this way? Or are there particular situations that mke you have a similar feeling?
    Do you have bodily feelings in relation to these fears? (ie..shallow breathing, stomach cramps? back pain? digestive issues?...) you can do 'chasing the pain...quite successfully to deal with these bodily feelings. When you think about your fears~do you feel them somewhere in your body?

I can dedicate a post to chasing the pain if you all like.

There is a private discussion forum if there is something you would like to keep more private. Also we have a tapping circle as a subforum.
  4. Rhea

Rhea Tickled by the view

Hi Dawn. :) Welcome. :)

Rhea
  5. Deborah

Deborah New Member

Hi Dawn,
    Welcome. What a gift to have EFT during the pregnancy -- there is so much you can do with it. Here are a few ideas but don't let the list overwhelm you. They are just suggestions - trust your instincts.

One way in might be to make a list of all your fears and concerns and work on that list a little bit every day.

Another way in is to clear your previous pregnancies. EFT and Birth Stories

Another way is to clear all the messages and things you've been told by others.

And definitely clear out any stories you've gotten about your own birth.

Some of this work you might do solo but you might want to consider a few sessions (if finances allow it) with a practitioner. Alina Frank at tapyourpower.net is an EFT practitioner who was also a doula and who specializes in pregnancy.
    There's another lady at www.shekinahbirthing.com. But you will find if you post here Linda and others are very responsive and when I am able, I can also respond.

Don't let my list overwhelm you! Just various ideas.

Welcome,
    Deborah
  6. brooken

brooken New Member

Thanks ladies. :)
    Those links were really helpful. I definately have a big old list of issues to work on. ;) But I'm excited about it, I think its a great time to work on myself. I'll most likely post back on the progress of it in the personal subforum, given the nature of it.

Linda, these questions remind me of RC (re-evaluation counseling) questions, just curious if you have that in your background. I know, just as a starter point, that my fears about my birth being medicalized absolutely connect to experiences very early in life, possibly starting with my own entrance to the world by c-section! . Definately good points to provoke many pages of journal writing very soon.
  7. Morgansma

Morgansma Active Member

Welcome Dawn! Glad you're seeing positive results already!!