New to cloth diapering, New to board too.

Discussion in 'Cloth Diapering' started by DevDandKatesmom, Mar 30, 2006.

1. DevDandKatesmom

DevDandKatesmom New Member

Hi Im Crystal 27yrs, married, with 3 kids, 2 boys and a girl....My daughter Katelyn is my last child and ive decided to cloth diaper her (day time only tho..for now at least) but im soo lost at some of the lingo.. like WTH is PUL?
    I see this on tons of auctions on ebay... ive gottena few cloth diaper covers with it but have no idea WHAT IT is..LOL
    Ive decided that cloth diapers with a snappi and some doublers in the diap are working best for us.. for now...
    Thinking a AIO may work for nites?
    But Kates a HEAVEY wetter! and sleeps all thru the nite so no midnite changes here... so id need a AIO that holds ALOT of pee! dont know if thats even possible..LOL
    Loving all the cute designs they have out for the covers.. ive bought a few now.

also decided might as well take one more step forward and start using cloth wipes now too.. Ive got on order.

well thats about it for now.
    Thanks for reading!
  2. Jennie143

Jennie143 New Member

3. Breila

Breila New Member

Welcome!!!

PUL is a waterproof material that many diaper makers use in pockets and AIOs. Basically it like laminated fabric, does that help????

I use a double stuffed Fuzzi Bunz pocket diaper for nighttime and have yet to have a leak, well, except for a couple of days ago when I changed him in the dark and apparently didn't get "everything" back in the diaper, LOL, but we just pretend that didn't happen ;)
  4. heythereheather

heythereheather A reading family

Hi Crystal!

Hey, when you were askign for wipe solution, I didn't connect that you were using cloth! PM me your address--I have a bunch of diaper stuff I have in a box that I was going to someday list as free for shipping. I'd love to send it to you. Not all fancy stuff, but it all works!

Oh, and most AIOs aren't really sufficient for overnight. I mostly use disposable at night, but when we did use cloth, I would often do a snappi'd prefold, then another prefold as a doubler, in a larger sized cover. Bulky, but it worked.
  5. DevDandKatesmom

DevDandKatesmom New Member

Oh Id love that Heather, Thanks! Ill PM you!