My wacky "it works" :)

Discussion in 'EFT, Emotional Freedom Technique' started by Rhea, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Rhea

Rhea Tickled by the view

On the morning of the 11th I was feeling a wee bit desperate. I'd been putting off something that I had to get done. Putting it off was only making things worse. The entire week prior to this I had been eating chocolate and icecream every day. I'd put on 6 pounds! Even so, weightloss and food were not even in my thoughts when I sat down to tap because this thing I'd been putting off was so important and pressing.

So I started off tapping on the "greatest fear" piece because that always gets me feeling good. Then I tapped on a variety of life and joy affirming things. Then I tapped on what I needed to get done, the horrible feeling in my chest when I thought of it, all sorts of things. I tapped on each thought that came to me until I could think of it and feel good. Off I go feeling like I will be a success.

Do I do the thing that really needs to be done? A little bit. (Every day I've done a little bit towards it, which is better than nothing but not the grand triumphant success I'd imagined.) The surprise was when my husband got out the icecream that night and dished my up some, I tasted it, and thought, "Ew!" I didn't just not want it, it was gross. So while he's having icecream I thought I'd have a piece of chocolate. And it didn't taste right. It's been like that every day since. If I think I might like icecream I first take a bite of my husband's and that's all it takes because it just doesn't taste right.

Last night I was working on a piece on the computer and my husband left a chocolate bar next to me. At a pause I took a bite, not thinking, and couldn't believe that this was my favorite chocolate. It was just gross.

My guess would be that my stress over what I had to get done was affecting my eating last week, but wow, to have my experience of the taste of a food actually change. I think that is very neat and would like it to continue.

Rhea
    Why do we have so much icecream in the house? A friend brought us 6 gallons as a gift... Icecream is his business.
  2. Linda

Linda Amity's Focus Member

Rhea, that is so cool!

You NEVER know what the *side* benefits or even the direct benefits might be when you tap!

Awesome~thank you for sharing :heart:
  3. Carey

Carey Active Member

LOL!
    Great!!
    Love, Carey
  4. Natalia

Natalia New Member

Thank you for sharing!