Moving my new business forward!

Discussion in 'Working Mamas' started by cathleenc, Apr 6, 2017.

1. cathleenc

cathleenc dirty. good dirt.

Hey ya all! Who has their own gig going on? I've been working with my business partner, Hugh, mostly helping him with his business while learning and figuring out what I want to do with my own business. I grabbed my domain name yesterday and will work under that till I can tell if it's the right name and identity for me.

Presenting: Practice Deck: Coaching, tools and more to help you explode your Practice!

I'm doing sales and marketing coaching and training targeted to help alternative health care providers but applicable for any small to medium sized business. So excited!
    EmoMom likes this.
  2. tracey

tracey no worries on my mind

A quick glance A big chance My heart beat like a d
    That sounds really exciting! I've been doing the corporate gig for 7 years now. I'm about halfway through my MBA in PM and will do an MSOL after this is done. No more working for myself :)
    EmoMom, cathleenc and amity like this.
  3. cathleenc

What is MSOL? and yeah, I think most people are very likely to make more money regularly by working a good corporate job than going solo. My ambitious goal for this year is $20k - and to gross $100k in 2019. I'll have to do some massive stretching but bring it!
    amity likes this.
  4. amity

amity Owner/Founding mama Staff Member

I can't wait to watch!!
    cathleenc likes this.
  5. EmoMom

EmoMom Active Member

This sounds great, Cathy, like a perfect niche and a clearly needed service.
    I began caregiving for the first of three elderly relatives in 2006, and after losing them one by one, it's back to only Anna and me. So I'm almost overly anxious to figure out what's next for me, looking around, dabbling with lots of ideas. Too many ideas!! But I'm back to writing again, so trusting that I will find my focus.
    So cool to stumble in here again and see so many of the same names and faces. My profile pic is the same as back in the "old days."
    Will your biz be local or will it be for the internet? Because off the top of my head, I can already think of several folks to send your way when you're up and running.
  6. cathleenc

Hi Mary, I was thinking about you recently! Fun to see you pop in. I, too, cycled through the caring for elderly parents period and am in a more stable spot with my mom in an excellent nursing home 2 miles from our house. My biz will certainly be internet based and not locally bound! Though I do love getting out of the house and talking with real people from time to time. Biz process is vastly slowed down at the moment as I work to get our wisconsin farm on the market and then adjust to summer, hoping to return to focus and productivity by mid June. I'll keep you posted!
    EmoMom likes this.