Motivated Moms - where are you?

Discussion in 'Househould How to's' started by Rhea, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Rhea

Rhea Tickled by the view

I did nothing last week, but wasn't too upset because this week was going to be awesome. Ha.

How are you all doing? Anyone want to share their success and help motivate those like me who have fallen off the MM wagon?

Rhea
  2. Rhea

Rhea Tickled by the view

Yesterday we moved our couch and cleaned under it. Probably not on MM, but it needed to be done and we now have five tubs filled with water stored behind the couch.

Today I'll be moving some things so we can store more water tubs where they were. It's a plant window, so I'll be putting the plants back, on top of the tubs and hoping the cats leave them alone.

And I'm off to town to buy water storage units for us humans, and more food. Between snowfall and preparing for the possible volcano eruption we're getting very little home schooling or cleaning done. I was going to get all the laundry done since we won't be able to do any of that if electricity goes, but then (I suspect) I got a partial ice blockage in the drain pipe. Usually running hot water will take care of it pretty quick, but not so this time. Onward! (Imagine a little marching smiley with a pipe wrench in hand.)

Rhea
  3. MMJoiner

MMJoiner New Member

Oh, I'm glad we're up and running again. I've been needing someone to give me a kick in the pants.

I did nothing last week and very little this week. We did a lot of running around, and it's hard to fit anything more that the absolute have to stuff in when we have that much to do. SO I just let it all go.

But today I'm promising myself to get most of it done, if not all. My oven really needs to be cleaned but I also have some baking to do, so we'll have to wait and see if that happens with that. The rest of it I think I can handle.
  4. MMJoiner

MMJoiner New Member

volcano!?
  5. Rhea

Rhea Tickled by the view

Yes. Isn't that the funniest sounding thing? Redoubt is across from us. Even if it does blow it doesn't mean we'll lose electricity (because of ash fall) but we might. Even as I prepare for it, I feel so silly doing so. It's the oddest thing.

Now if only I could solve this drain pipe issue. It comes and goes which is why I think it is ice blockage and not clog or full septic tank. Last time I ran hot water and it went completely away. But that didn't work this time. If anyone has any ideas, PLEASE tell me.

Rhea
  6. dudster74

dudster74 busy

I kinda fell off the wagon this week. I haven't been feeling well and now have 2 sick kids.

I was doing really good for awhile though.
  7. Tap dancin mama

Tap dancin mama Amity's Focus Member

I fell off too. 2 sick kids, and i just about did nothing LOL!! Today will be better, I hope!
  8. beautifulfreak

beautifulfreak Sr. Entropy Control Spec.

I am pretty much done with everything today except laundry dinner and working on the basement
  9. mamaferreira

mamaferreira New Member

I have the list printed out, but haven't been doing all of it. We just moved in about a month ago, so some of it just isn't necessary yet. It's nice to have the checklist though because a lot of this I would be putting off for years! LOL
  10. 3Gs4Me

3Gs4Me Blessed Beyond Belief!

Wrapped in the Loving Embrace of My Family
    I am doing really well with it. I don't follow it to a T on weekends but I am rockin it on weekdays!
  11. MMJoiner

MMJoiner New Member

We've had to do a lot of running around here lately, and I'm having a hard time keeping up. You can tell too, my house was starting to look cleaner, nad now it's right back where it was.
    How do you busy moms keep up with everything?