MFW

Discussion in 'Alternative Learning' started by beautifulfreak, Jan 14, 2010.

1. beautifulfreak

beautifulfreak Sr. Entropy Control Spec.

Who here is using MFW and what grades are you doing?

Would there be any interest in a yahoo group?
  2. TulaneMama

TulaneMama countdown mode

there is already a yahoo group.

i am going to the head office next week (i hope) to have a look at the curriculum. i do not know if we will use it or not.
  3. redheadmama

redheadmama Active Member

We are using it, but currently taking a break and just using time 4 learning while we get back into a better routine. Dh deployed a month ago and we are still not in our "groove" yet. I am using it with my 3 older girls, 11, 9, and 7, so approximately, 6th, 3rd and 2nd grades. We are using Exploring Countries and Cultures, right now, but when we finish it, we'll move on to whatever comes after that.

I have no clue about a yahoo group existing. Do you mean like an amity yahoo group for those of us using it? I'd be interested in that if that's what you are talking about.
  4. Robin

Robin Jesus Follower

We are using it to with a 4th, 2nd and Kindy but I think I am about to move the 4th at least to time4learning or another web/computer based program for at least the rest of this year.
  5. snugbug

snugbug Watching my baby grow

We are loosely using MFW ECC for my two 3rd graders and I plan to do their Kinder curriculum likely in the fall with my younger. I'm already a part of MFW yahoo groups.

Sarah
  6. snugbug

I forgot to add I've also done their PreK curriculum and their 1st grade curriculum

Sarah
  7. beautifulfreak

I am doing MFW kindy and 1st. Yeah I meant an amity mfw group. I did not even think to look before hand to see if there were any MFW groups at all. I mainly bought them because they are local to me as in like 5 hrs away. But at least its supporting a local owned christian business and there CS is AWESOME....
  8. Chels~

Chels~ Moment by Moment

I have had ECC sitting on my shelf for the last couple of years, does that count? I might skim through it next year. I like the overall concept of it, but it is hard for me to stick to a scheduled curriculum.
  9. Robin

Robin Jesus Follower

:lol: Umm can I say I resemble this?
  10. beautifulfreak

boy I am way overwhelmed there are 74 MFW yahoo groups
  11. ~Jenn~

~Jenn~ Guest

I just bought ECC. We're starting it Monday, but I suffer from the same things as Chels and Robin :D

I'd be interested in an amity yahoogroup.
  12. redheadmama

redheadmama Active Member

I'd also be interested in an amity group. I prefer smaller email groups where i am not inundated with post after post to read, because honestly, I don't have time for that.

I actually bought ECC for last year, but we never made it through, so I wanted to finish it up this year, but I am supplementing a whole lot of other stuff in between.
  13. snugbug

I bought ECC for last year and we enjoyed what we did of it and then had other stuff we were doing too so it got set aside. I use it as my 'backbone', as in when what we are doing is working then we do that and when I need some direction/ideas then i always know its there. We are finishing week 2 of using the workbox system (found out about it and bought all the stuff 6months ago but I had a lot to do in order to implement it) and this week I integrated ECC into our workbox day as well. So far things are going fantastic and I have next week already planned out so it should be great as well. We haven't looked at ECC in so long that I decided to start at the beginning again- so if anyone is starting it up we are at the same spot. I knew when I bought ECC that I was good with it taking 2yrs (based on the level of my kids and its range, I was ok with that).

Kids applied for 'passports', writing letter to a friend in Spain, doing some scale drawings...lots of fun stuff in and inspired by the ECC week1 curriculum and I'm looking forward to next week too!

Sarah
  14. beautifulfreak

Sarah could you explain to me how you incorporated MFW into a workbox system? And can we see pics of your system? :)
  15. snugbug

Sure, I'll take pictures and make separate post about it.
  16. TulaneMama

TulaneMama countdown mode

nice - I am going to their head office next week to look over the K curriculum. I would like to use it in our workbox system too.
  17. Robin

Robin Jesus Follower

We are using a modified workbox system that I am still tweaking but I love that aspect of it.
  18. snugbug

Ok, my post is up now for those interested in taking a tour of our school space
  19. amyincali

amyincali New Member

MFW K sat on my shelf from when I bought it at that curriculum fair last spring until after the holidays. We are going good though. On week two and we haven't missed a day but the twins love it and insist we work on it each day.