Laundry Sheet!!

Discussion in 'Househould How to's' started by GrowingPains, May 19, 2009.

1. GrowingPains

GrowingPains New Member

Has anyone heard about the new Purex Complete 3-in-1 Laundry Sheets?
    They contain a full load's worth of detergent, softener and anti-static all in one. It can really make doing laundry much easier plus no more missing steps like forgetting to throw in the dryer sheets or add in the fabric softener :)
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2009
  2. annsni

annsni Amity's Focus Member

Who misses steps anymore with handy dandy dispensers?

I saw that last night and I think the only time I'd use it is in the summer when we're on our sailboat and need to do laundry at a laundromat. That way I wouldn't have to carry the individual items with me.

However, I need laundry detergent anyway to handwash things and to clean the bilge (yep, laundry detergent works well for that and is environmentally safe). Additionally, we have very sensitive skin and I've not used Purex because of that. We only use All Free and Clear with vinegar in the rinse. No fabric softener sheets - just aluminum foil which I can reuse numerous times before it's no longer effective.

So for us, it would be a waste of money.
  3. Bonknbug

Bonknbug New Member

I didn't know you could use alum. foil in place of fabric softener! Wow, you learn something new every day. The three in one sheets sound pretty cool, but I would worry that it wouldn't be enough detergent for my laundry. I always have very large loads and my dh's work uniforms get really grimy with grease from large machines he works on.
  4. GrowingPains

GrowingPains New Member

Annsni ~ It is definitely a great idea for traveling :) so there's no need to bring all the fabric cleaners, too many bottles..lol

Purex also has the hypoallergenic detergent too it's called Pure and Clean. However, I never knew about the vinegar thing, thanks for the tip.. :)

BonknBug ~ Just check out their website at Purex. com, they have more info there if you want to know more :)
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2009
  5. lala

lala I make stuff

I dont like Purex, it doesnt work very well and leaves clothes with a yucky sour smell.

I just saw an ad for these laundry sheet things. Do they totally dissolve, or is it like a dryer sheet?

If and when some more earth friendly brands come out with these, I may have to try them, though I am not a big fan of fabric softener. I like my clothes crunchy from the sun.
  6. Robin

Robin Jesus Follower

Explain more about the alum foil, please? I am curious as to how it works and what it is for. I usually just use vinegar.
  7. herc

herc Amity's Focus Member

bzz agent?
  8. Dannielle

Dannielle Princess Nimble-Thimble

I'm with ya there. Purex is a great if you like your clean laundry gray and stinky.

I could see how they would be good for traveling but, other than that, I think it's one of those products that insults the intelligence of the consumer. Ya know, like frozen pb&j sandwiches. Trying to make something 'easier' when it wasn't hard in the first place.

Besides, then you've lost your options...like no fabric softener for the towels, etc.
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2009
  9. annsni

annsni Amity's Focus Member

Sorry Robin - I was away and just got back last night so missed your question.

The foil apparently does something with the electrons and/or neutrons or whatever, and it stops the static. I've used it for fleece diaper covers and it worked GREAT to keep away the static but not mess with the fleece itself. I would take out a square (12"x12") and toss it in the dryer - and I could reuse the foil about 3-4 times before it didn't really work anymore. A pretty cool thing!
  10. quidnunc

quidnunc Member

I'm not a bzz agent (well, I am but I'm not in on any Purex campaign) but I've used these as we do laundry at a laundromat. The clothes did come out nice and soft, and it's like a dryer sheet so you have the sheet to toss at the end. It's nice for laundromat washing, for sure, but I'm not a huge fan of the scent. I prefer Gain by far. :lol:
    It did work well on dh's nasty work clothes, and we do fairly large loads at a time.
  11. tara

tara Amity's Focus Member

I only use unscented (free/clear) detergents, but I'm surprised that people have had problems with Purex. I used to use All Free & Clear, but Purex Free & Clear is so much cheaper that I started using it. I haven't noticed any difference at all in my laundry (smell, cleanliness, etc.) when I switched from All to Purex.

I don't have a need for the all-in-one sheets, but I think it is a GREAT idea. There have been times in my life that it would have been wonderful to have this product. I'm thinking about the years I was in college, or when I was doing long-term traveling, or vacationing in a house with a w/d, or living in an apartment where the laundry was many floors down in the basement, or living somewhere where I had to use a laundromat. I also think it is a great idea for people with limited upper body strength and mobility. It isn't easy for some people to carry those heavy containers of detergent.

Tara
  12. magickalchylde

magickalchylde AS mom

DH and I use it for our family. We all have super sensitive skin. Tide will have us in hives within minutes.
  13. honeybee52000

honeybee52000 New Member

Ooooooo..... I'm going to try this (alum sheet) tomorrow! I make my own laundry detergent (super sensitive baby skin), my own baby wipes and solution, and use vinegar as my softener. I've always despised getting *zapped* due to static electricity.... I'm so going to do this tomorrow!

to be continued....
  14. Tremor Christ

Tremor Christ Amity's Focus Member

I saw those commercials and was kind of surprised when they said it was the first of it's kind or something like that. YEARS ago Fab had the same thing. I used to use it. Did they think no one would remember?

I wish another company would make those, they can be handy for when you send the hubby to the laundrette to do laundry.
    Otherwise I use the detergent I make.