KnFnSnS

Discussion in 'Sewing & Craft' started by huskrkid, Feb 22, 2006.

1. huskrkid

huskrkid Got Yarn?

That's knit & felt & sew & show! :lol I feel like I've been working on this project for a very dear friend of mine forever. It was supposed to go to her at Christmas. Oh well, Happy St. Patty's Day! LOL Happy Divorce is more like it. She's starting over & deserves such a love filled project.:hbeat:

I made the SnB felted laptop bag. I used mostly Lamb's Pride Bulky. The cream was some bulky from my stash. I took a plastic ring & crochet around it instead of what they suggested in the book for a ring.

Before
    [​IMG]

After
    [​IMG]

I ended up mounting a zipper (and don't you know I didn't have one quite long enough) on some fabric & then HAND SEWING it into the bag. I would not have even done this for my sister. This is what a good friend she is.
    [​IMG]

Then I made a bag for her computer to put in the bag because I didn't want her to get fuzzies all in the computer. I used elastic that is inset with *girl* between the purple.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

She's my fashion diva girlfriend. LOVES the color pink so I hope she loves this. She bought a green leather coat about the color of the stripes last spring. I hope it matches perfect! I'm just so giddy to have this project finished.
  2. Selissa

Selissa Who said I was Girly????

Wow!!!!!
  3. chococat

chococat Frappuccino Girl

What a wonderful gift!! And must be a special friend. They say you only gift knitted projects to those who appreciate the time and # of stitches that went into it. You did a great job!! :D
  4. huskrkid

huskrkid Got Yarn?

Believe me when I say she is 100% every drop of blood (refer to above zipper comment. lol) I put into this. She & I found the most amazing yarn shop in downtown Kaiserslautern. While we were sitting on the floor playing in the wool we saw the most gorgeous scarf in the window. It was knit up in this super soft thick/thin bulky wool. We both bought wool for it. Since she bought the color in the window, I picked out a different color. She came over at least once a week when our guys were downrange so I got her going on the scarf & she finished it in no time. She decided the needles she used were too small so we frogged it & she did it again. She made me the same scarf in the same colors for Christmas. I cried. I used my yarn for a poncho for dd.

I took a pic of the corner of it really close up with my tag in it & told her this was what was coming. It was up to her to guess.;pot: I'm waiting, not so patiently, for her to wake up & email me! It feels like Christmas around here.

Thank you for your compliments. :heart:
  5. Daphne

Daphne New Member

Wow, that is amazing! She is going to be so thrilled; what a great friend you are to make that for her! I really love the colors and the material you used, and the separate cover for the computer is so smart. :)
  6. Suzie

Suzie Amity's Focus Member

That's beautiful. I'm sure your friend is going to love it.:heart:
  7. lovingit

lovingit ...NAK'ing at dawn...

very very cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:heart:

you did such a great job! i know you friend is gonna love it. :big hug:
  8. tracey

tracey no worries on my mind

A quick glance A big chance My heart beat like a d
    that is beautiful...and not just the bag :heart:

my woman friends are truly the joys of my life (next to my children)...it always warms my heart to see other women who feel the same way...

your friend is truly blessed to have you in her life :hug:

(i just got the first snb book...now you are making me want the second one, lol...)
  9. ivycircle

ivycircle Spinner Extrodinaire!

WTG mama! My first felting project was sooooo much fun! Isn't it great when after all that waiting and worrying around the washer it comes out just right? Bravo! Angelique
    PS- Tracey I feel the same way too :)
    "(i just got the first snb book...now you are making me want the second one, lol...)"
  10. ZenMama

ZenMama New Member

Excellent! And you did like me posed it with the book to show the size before and after felting. Rock on!
  11. huskrkid

huskrkid Got Yarn?

Thanks again, Mommas! You do a momma's ego & heart good!:heart:

ITA Tracey. My life, as Tif knows all too well, is so transient & I leave people here & there, that when I find friends who are willing to standy by me through all the turbulant times, constant changes, and yearly moves despite their own issues, well, they get extra love from me!:heart:

That's why I :heart: you guys too. You're always here!

Go, run, now, get the 2nd book too. The projects are even better in the 2nd one & the book is layed out better.

Just be sure to go and print out all the pattern fixes regardless of which book you have. I can't remember if I found them at craftster.org or at the snb site.
  12. lovebugsmama

lovebugsmama Wearing the Black!

Oh wow, what a wonderful friend you are! LOVE it. :heart:

:hbeat: