It's time...

Discussion in 'Mama's Simplifying and Thrift forum' started by Kbsmama, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Kbsmama

Kbsmama Active Member

I am going through all the toys and packing everything into bins. Particularly in the girls' room because they can't handle open access. Ideally, the bins will actually leave the room, but that won't happen until the garage is in order.

My kitchen has been emptied and reorganized (by force, LOL, but it got done--we had smoke damage I posted about elsewhere) and redecorated. :) Now for the rest of the house. We've gotten rid of a lot of stuff, but there's still too much here to live with on a daily basis. Thus, the toys must be addressed. It's time for a change.

I'm also going to go through all the clothes in storage and pare them down to a certain number of outfits in each size and season. I've got too much stuff stored, even. Purge, purge, purge!
  2. 3Gs4Me

3Gs4Me Blessed Beyond Belief!

Wrapped in the Loving Embrace of My Family
    Good for you. Hoping to get to decluttering after I hand the co-op over the Stephanie.
  3. unfoloBeego

unfoloBeego Guest

Hiya im new here

Hiya i am new here. I found this board quite useful and its helped me out tonns. i should be able to help out and help others like its helped me.

Thanks all, See you about.
  4. bubbles

bubbles New Member

I am with you on that need. Toys have taken over. I have gone through them recently but they just keep growing out of the walls. Dh and I are ready for some serious purging around here. Now I just need the time to do it!
  5. naturalmama

naturalmama New Member

I'm right there with you. Time to take off another layer of clutter. I'm planning to work on mine this next week. I am so tired of my stuff owning my life, you know? LOL

Aileen
  6. Kbsmama

Kbsmama Active Member

All of our clothes have been gone through. I am sending a box to a friend, some set aside for cousins, and what's left is ready to be dropped off at a local charity.
    DDs' room packed up into crates, and a number of toys going to be donated too. I got into the boys' room a little bit and started on my dungeon which is the spare bed/craft/game room. Sadly, the spare bedroom was not a dungeon before the cleaners came through, except that I had a ridiculous amount of stuff crammed in there, and when they cleaned it was all rearranged and shuffled all over the place (not, as in, like boxes shuffled and rearranged, but like stuff pulled out and rearranged, as not all of it was in closed boxes--musical toys mixed with playdough toys, dress clothing pulled out of a cloth ikea chest, and since it was empty open bins of toys gone through and tossed in there, even stuff from other rooms made its way in there...), but, progress is being made, and I realize that there is an inordinate amount of stuff in there that I do not really need.

In the meantime, I have cleaned the downstairs. I've decided I'm just going to go through each morning and clean before anything else. It was the routine that worked for me when I was a kid and kept my mom's house, LOL. I don't know why I've never gotten to doing it again. I'd clean the whole house before 11:00 so I could watch As the World Turns, LOL. I don't watch soaps, but OK, no computer until then.

Why wouldn't this work before--oh, yeah, babies. Babies that like to nurse two or three times before 11:00 AM. But, Ahhh, at last. I didn't think I'd get here, ladies, but I'm ready for the next phase. I even packed up a sweet little box of baby toys, *sigh* It will be even better once I get this stuff out of here that I packed up....Dropping some off today!
  7. Onenelpjuigue

Onenelpjuigue New Member

Hi All Im New

Hello, i am a newb here and found this forum is intresting. I am going to contribute here and hopefully stick around! just though id say hello.

Thanks Alot.