Is anybody already planning for next year?

Discussion in 'Alternative Learning' started by chrissymama, Feb 17, 2010.

1. chrissymama

chrissymama Amity's Focus Member

Heather, that does sound fun!

Robin, what did you end up deciding to do?

I feel like I've almost finalized what we're going to be doing, but I'm not quite ready yet (nor do I have the cash to spend just yet, so it all works out :lol:)

Here's what I'm thinking at the moment,

~Noah- 3rd grade
    *Waldorf main lessons- Old Testament (probably Christopherus. I think I can buy this book separately.), Native Americans (through Winterpromise, but will Waldorf it up a bit too), Practical skills (gardening, farming, homebuilding. I have a couple books to buy, but this will mainly just be a part of life and play.)

*Winterpromise- American Story I

*LA- WWE and FLL. I'm going to add spelling in later in the year, not sure what we'll use for that yet. Oh, also HWOT for cursive, I think.

*Math- I can't decide. I'm going to go to the local hs store this weekend and see what they've got. He liked Singapore when they did that in his school, so I'm thinking we'll stick with that, and use MEP too.

*Art- He'll have a main lesson book for each subject and will draw a good bit in there. Also weekly wet on wet painting, modeling, and handwork (knitting, maybe learn to crochet, felting.)

*Music- Looking in to guitar lessons.

Also, he plays soccer, which will be 2(!) practices a week and a game on weekends.

~Lilah- Kindergarden
    *She really really wants to learn to read, so although it goes against Waldorf philosophy, I'm going to go ahead and teach her. She is just about there, so I don't think it will take much. I'm not sure what program to use though, thoughts?

*I'm thinking we'll do HWOT with her too. She will love it.

*Of course, she'll join us for American Story.

*Maybe I'll start her on math too.

Yeah, so I'm mostly decided for Noah, but not so much for Lilah yet.

ETA- Also, I am going to try Little Acorn Learning's monthly guides to help with Waldorfy stuff for my little guys.
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
  2. 3Gs4Me

3Gs4Me Blessed Beyond Belief!

Wrapped in the Loving Embrace of My Family
    Val,

Woud you post a link to Earth Schooling please? Googling does not take me to material but rather blogs and message boards. TIA
  3. chrissymama

chrissymama Amity's Focus Member