Interesting results

Discussion in 'EFT, Emotional Freedom Technique' started by ThirtySomething, Aug 18, 2007.

1. ThirtySomething

ThirtySomething About to burst

I have to first say that as much as I want to say that I believe in this wholeheartedly, there is a part of me that is somewhat skeptical.

That said, I have nothing to lose, so it was worth a try.

I have a number of physical aches and pains. Some were caused by injury. Others come and go. I am a runner so that is where most of it comes from.

I've had a rough couple of weeks w/ a lot of pain due to an injury. I've been trying to slow down, but it is hard since I am training for a 1/2 marathon.

So, I decided to tap on the worst pain that is due to injury. I know exactly the emotional reason behind it so I tapped on both the physical and the emotional which is really all tied together.

Well, my pain went from a 5/6 today to about a 2. I also went for a short run after I tapped--no additional pain!

The next two days I have longer runs and it will be interesting to see what happens. It's also my birthday so there's a whole gamut of emotional stuff wrapped into this weekend. :)
  2. nanci

nanci jelly belly

I'm going to start lurking in this forum...I think it will be good for me and the family....:)

AND....Happy Birthday Stacy!!!:anibirth: :hippy: :anibirth:
  3. Linda

Linda Amity's Focus Member

Hehe.
    Lol!!!
    Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How awesome!!!

(if you haven't already)Try the 9 gamut on the 2/10 pain. It might get rid of it all together.
    :rainbow:
  4. ThirtySomething

Thanks! It's Sunday. I'm actually thrilled to be turning 35. There are just some things I can't change that are attached to that. :)

I'm going to start on my family next.
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2007
  5. mamajandtheboys

mamajandtheboys Amity's Focus Member

early :anibirth: stacy!!

great to hear about the pain lessening. i know eft has been working on some of my issues; i need to post about it, just never have the quiet to type it all out.
  6. Linda

I does take a lot of time and effort to trype it out sometimes...but we want to hear! lol!

It can be so helpful for others to read about your success.

IN any case, glad you are having success as well, J!
  7. ThirtySomething

I just want to add to this. Since I'm not sure if there is a right time/place for EFT, I'll just tell you another experience. :D

I ran this morning. I ran 7 miles! Around mile 5, my hip started hurting. I figured, what the heck! I'll tap. So, I tapped on:
    "Even though my hip hurts a 3 on a scale of 1 to 10, I am still a vibrant and healthy woman".

The ending sounded silly, but it is the only thing that popped into my head. I'm hard-pressed to be creative when I'm pushing myself :lol: I started to feel a little better. I tapped again at around 6.25 miles. I ended my run w/no additional pain.

I don't actually expect to collapse this pain to nothing because it is an injury. It serves a purpose in my training because it helps me figure out how hard to push myself.

I am still using arnica and ice, but hopefully what I'm feeling is just the leftover and not all the emotional stuff attached to it. :)
  8. Linda

That is really great Stacy! Wonderful:)

I find it interesting the running concept that injury tells you how far to *push* yourself. Isn't that psychological in the end? I mean you are using a physical barometer, but really it is a mental thing in the end how hard you push yourself. Of course if something you are doing is causing extra pain you should not do it, but maybe if you push yourself to a certain point(like a 7 mile 'wall') then you start experiencing pain, maybe the pain is really caused by a blocking belief of not being able to run further than 7 miles without pain?

There is a study, I think Dawson Church cited it in 'THe Genie In Your Genes"(which I HIGHLY recommend as wonderful reading...)
    IN the study, a random sample of the population was taken and had their backs X-ray'd. The were looking for any 'issues', spinal misalignment, bulging discs etc. You know, what a chiropractor or Orthopaedist would look for if you went to them with chronic or acute back pain issues.

Then they surveyed the same sample group and asked them if they had any back pain, chronic or acute. (of course the respondants were not advised of their xray results)

They found that there were many people whose x-ray's looked horrible, but had no pain issues whatsoever. And then there were the people who complained of chronic pain/back pain issues that had perfectly 'clean' xray's.

Something to think about ;)

here is an interesting article about pain/emotion.
    Eric Robins, MD explains how a chronic pain expert links pain and unresolved emotions
    This one is good too about sciatica/car accident pain.
    EFT provides relief for 30 years of pain from a car accident--no more Vicodin
    this one is long but fascinating about Pat Ahearne..sports performance endurance etc. He is a Australian baseball player who worked with an EFT practitioner for sports performance.
    Testimonial from the Australian Baseball League Pitcher of the Year

This stuff FASCINATES me:)
  9. ThirtySomething

I'll read more on that.

What I meant was that I don't expect EFT to take away 100% of the pain of a true injury. If it does, great! If not, it hasn't let me down in any way.

After a time when the injury is healed, if pain lingers, I expect that it is more of a "block" rather than an actual physical cause.

And, what I didn't say is that all the other aches and pains are gone. It's only the hip issue that remains. :) I was having troubles with my neck, shoulder, left foot, left knee, and hip.

Does that make more sense? Maybe I'm just nuts. :)
  10. joli

joli sitting at the head of the Amity round table

Great story Stacy, I love to see a skeptic get results :p

~jo
  11. Linda

I did misunderstand you, but now I think I understand~lol! Did you stop at a 2/10 because you *assumed* it would not go down further as it was from injury? Or had you kept trying and it would not budge lower than a 2/10? I am just curious. If you just stopped there, you could try to give it a go and see if you can get it down to no pain at all. IN any case, I am so glad you got results:)

I love seeing skeptics get results as well! ;)

12. blossom

blossom New Member

Another lurker here................oh and Happy Birthday Stacey!
  13. ThirtySomething

I never got the pain lower than 2. I always just tapped on what it was. I have to try it again tonught though because it is feeling pretty awful right now. When the baby is down and I have some quiet time I'll do more deep reflection. :)

Thank you! It's really great to "see" you.
  14. Deborah

Deborah New Member

This is an interesting question -- how much can EFT take the pain from injuries?

At karate, a lady got nailed in the eye. While she was icing it, I tapped with her and the pain went away completely. She had no bruising the next day at all and none after. (She's a nurse and was sure it was going to be a black eye.)

I however had a slightly different experience -- I got kicked hard on the shin -- tapping took away the immediate pain but I still bruised. Arnica lessed the bruise but then I stopped that after a few days. The bruise lingered on for many weeks ... so was it because I didnt' tap on the bruise that it stayed? Don't know ...

If you search emofree.com there are some awesome cases on injury ...
    But I'm with you Stacy -- part of me needs the pain to make sure I protect the part of me I injured -- I haven't quite worked that out yet ....