In The Closet

Discussion in 'Househould How to's' started by lala, Oct 1, 2009.

1. lala

lala I make stuff

the last time I had a fabulous closet was in 2005. I want to share before and after of my closet.

I was inspired by a book I picked up at the thrift store by the women who did the original "What Not To Wear" on BBC. This book has a no-b.s. approach to helping you with clothes, shoes, undies, makeup, accessories, etc. (wish I got paid to endorse this book!)

Anyway, I spent a few hours going through all of my clothes, shoes, undies, etc, etc, finally getting rid of stuff that ends up being stuffed in the back of the drawer cause it never fit right to begin with.

First pics are of my livingroom coat closet. Dark, cramped. I decided to give up my "storage" closet, which is actually a 5 by 5 walk-in with a closet pole and shelf on either side of the parallel walls.

Tada! Some very careful Tetris-ing and my kids and I now have a GIRL closet!
    Any suggestions on what to do to make this better? (my side has clothes, and plastic shelves hold sweater and boots. door has net thing where the rest of my shoes are organized. kids' side has clothes and bins of their toys.)

Attached Files:

• 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      21.5 KB
      Views:
    • 011.jpg
      011.jpg
      File size:
      26.8 KB
      Views:
  2. Barb

Barb Moderator Staff Member

wow, that looks amazing! very nice job
  3. lala

lala I make stuff

thanks! I especially like my purse collection in plain sight. I am trying to be more of a purse girl and less of a throw it all in a huge bookbag girl. trying to save my shoulders. I live near a really great thrift store that sells a ton of imitation Gucci and other expensive brand purses for under $10, some around $5.
  4. Robin

Robin Jesus Follower

Looks really good!
  5. Maidenmyhome

Maidenmyhome New Member

do you just ever walk past the closet and open it and say to your self.....ahhh thats nice!

I would ! good job !
  6. lala

lala I make stuff

actually, yes! Lol. I love my closet. It makes me want to dress nicer, even though I don't go to nicer places. Now I want to show off my clothes more, with coordinating accessories. ;)