I'm in love with my clothesline.

Discussion in 'Mama's Simplifying and Thrift forum' started by Soledad, May 20, 2010.

1. Soledad

Soledad Back to little sleep

I have always loved hanging clothes(even as a teen :lol: ) I love how it can take so little time to dry too.:woohoo: And I'm in love with the price . Yeah we get the crunchy clothes . And lately hubby has made some comments to those but lmao he's not complaining about our electricity bill. :badidea:

That is all.:heart smirk:
  2. honeybee52000

honeybee52000 New Member

Hooray! Do you use fabric softener? I use vinegar (and lots of it), and everything is softer.

Tell hubby to take his clothes he doesn't want crunchy, wad them up, and crinkle/ rough them up together!
  3. tara

tara Amity's Focus Member

I love my clothesline, too! :)

If I am worried about crunchy clothes, I run the clothes in the dryer for 2-3 minutes before hanging them on the line. Minimal energy use/cost.

Tara
  4. freedomlover

freedomlover ReaderOfThreads

I haven't used a line in a while but I do love the scent of fresh air when I have done it (perfume of nature!)
  5. #barb#wire#

#barb#wire# Battling Shelob

I love the smell of laundry dried on the line!!

I also love hanging laundry, the sun in my eyes, the birds chirping....twisted as it might be, I so enjoy the process.
  6. Soledad

Soledad Back to little sleep

I use vinegar too for my rinse cycle and lately I've been adding some baking soda . My hubby was given 25 lbs of it lmao.

I don't use too much detergent.
    I use vinegar in the rinse cycle
    I love hanging clothes on a windy day(no crunchies)
    When I take clothes out of the machine I give it a good shake and it goes in the laundry basket. Once I hang these clothes they get another shake and a third shake before being folded. (Now that's a whole lot of shakin goin on-as the song goes)

I'm going to make my own laundry detergent as I'm interested in gray water for my plants.

Ah the fun never ends with me.:lol:
  7. beautifulfreak

beautifulfreak Sr. Entropy Control Spec.

I started hanging stuff out. I love it too. I need a better clothes line though. I just hung up a rope between 2 trees and it is sagging and not the greatest. :(
  8. Audreysmama

Audreysmama Active Member

I love hanging clothes out. I want one of those clothes lines where it looks like a square on top with lines and is one pole and is collaspable. I haven't been able to find one though. Our yard is very full of kids toys and garden and that is the only line I have space for. Anyone know where to get one?
  9. deb215

deb215 Active Member

I miss having a clothesline. they are so rare these days.
    I was so thrilled to have one at one of my rentals but it was placed in the wrong area of the yard and only had a few hours of sun :(

A friend of mine used to hang clothes year round in MN. they would pop them in the dryer for a very little amount of time till dry even though they were frozen :)

the only thing I hated was when an unexpected shower came along and booking to get them off the line ;)
  10. tisme

tisme ~follow your heart~

I love mine too. I find it so relaxing and almost theraputic to be out there hanging them on the line.
  11. Kerri

Kerri New Member

I loved our clothesline when we were in Canada and it was a special summery novelty. In New Zealand where it's all we have (noone has driers here and if they do they can't afford to run them and they aren't even vented outside!) it just doesn't give me the same buzz. ;)
  12. Katie

Katie Amity's Focus Member

This works for me too. I don't have the first clue why it works, but it does. It just doesn't seem right that a few minutes in the dryer, before hanging, would matter

I've often wondered how "freeze drying" works. I'm doing it wrong because when I tried it, everything was still just as wet, once it melted. The plywood like towels were a riot tho. :p The amish hang, but I think they hang indoors over the wood stove. I'll have to ask Anna or Emmory on my next visit.
  13. deb215

deb215 Active Member

I never seen it in person just what they told me :shrug: so Im not sure if there is a trick to it. I dont work with her any more so cant ask.