I'm back.

Discussion in 'EFT, Emotional Freedom Technique' started by SRay, Jan 23, 2009.

1. SRay

SRay New Member

I need to get back into EFT. I was doing it a while ago but I wasn't finding that it was helping. I'm committed to trying again! Where should I start? How do you guys apply it to your lives?

Encourage me!

Sorry I was MIA for so long.

:)
  2. Natalia

Natalia New Member

Tap whenever you think of it, when you are frustrated or angry or sad.

I tap when I am driving alone too.
  3. Linda

Linda Amity's Focus Member

Glad to have you back:)

Hmm...
    I tap in the morning when I wake up. I tap when I am feeling really upset about something(which is not as often anymore:)) and I tap when I am inspired to work on an old story. I have been doing more inner child work and I LOVE it.

I LOVE to tap on stuff when I go for a walk. Maybe once a week I do that.

To start a new habit, it is really good to attach it to something you already do. So for example, tap for a couple minutes every time you go to pee:) IT adds up!
  4. SRay

SRay New Member

Tapping while peeing is a good idea. One of my big problems is that I try to keep tapping sort of secret, so that people around me don't think I'm a loon.:lol:
  5. Linda

1)if you drink lots of water..Noone will think twice about you going to the loo all the time ;)(and you can tap while in there)
    2)Also, you can keep a spiral notebook and jot down stuff that you want to tap on..and tap on it at another time.
    3) you can tap covertly.You can tap on the finger points and wrist points behind your back or under a table. If you want me to show you how to do this..I'll have dh teach me how to use the webcam later and I'll make a video and sticky it.
    :)
  6. SRay

SRay New Member

I'd love to see how you do that. Does it work if you just tap the finger points and wrist?
  7. Morgansma

Morgansma Active Member

nt
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2011
  8. Natalia

Natalia New Member

I also do mental tapping for myself or whomever I think needs it :baghead: This actually works very well for me.
  9. Linda

mental tapping works for me sometimes..and other times I have to physically tap. Since I ahve bene tapping for a while..when I mentally tap, I can actually feel and see myself tapping. SO COOL!

As for someone else needing it...LMAO! I have a story to tell you all.

A practitioner I Work with tells a story that her husband was ALWAYS late to everything. He was even late to their wedding. Instead of tapping for him..she simply tapped on her end of things....being pissed off that he was late and all the thoughts and feelings that went into this. Gues what? After some time of doing this, he stopped being late.
    What we resist persists.

It is so exquisitely true.

I will get the video done. I need to learn how to record, though~lol! and dh and I didn't get to it last night.
  10. Natalia

Natalia New Member

Of course I know this, hence the bag. ET I know I shouldn't try to fix other people and still do it...

Sometimes though (in my own defense :)), I am not trying to fix them. I see them in pain or frustrated and I DO NOT feel affected by it. Really. But I don't want them to be angry (i.e., that a car cut them off, that some polititian said something).
  11. Linda

there is nothing wrong with surrogate tapping for people. nothing.
    it is easiest to help people when you are centered...
    that is all.
    I just love the above story because I notice it with my kids...what I resist persists.
  12. Linda