if you had twins... update in OP

Discussion in 'Families with Multiples' started by ~Jenn~, Jun 15, 2010.

1. ~Jenn~

~Jenn~ Guest

UPDATE: had the u/s today and it's just one baby measuring right on track for my dates. I guess my uterus is just nice and roomy after having six kids. :)

What were your symptoms?

I had my first midwife appt today and she strongly suspects twins. I am 18 weeks (absolutely positive of dates) and measured 22 weeks. Of course, this is my 7th baby so that could explain that, right? She said the biggest thing that makes her think twins is that my uterus is really wide right now.

So she said she's very suspicious and is rarely wrong. She gave me a referral for an ultrasound which I'll have within two weeks. I'm just wondering what was different with your twin pregnancies than with other pregnancies.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2010
  2. tikva18

tikva18 busy building blocks

Hm. To be honest, it's kind of a blur. I have rough pregnancies anyway, so the twins was just more so. I had hyperemesis for the entire pregnancy, whereas with my other pregnancies it eventually cleared up by 20 weeks. I had to be on bedrest 2 separate times whereas with my other pregnancies I only had the one bedrest from 28-35 wks. Of course that was due to a placenta previa - so that wasn't actually due to twins.
    One notable difference was the extreme tiredness - I was exhausted much more so than with my others. I assume I was larger, but I can't even say that that was a factor.
    I did feel movement for sure by 11 wks - which was quite early compared to my others.
    Other than that, the only other notable difference was after I pushed out baby 'a', it occured to me that I had to do that again. LOL
    Um, what else? the ultrasound technician was surprised when I came in for a transvaginal that she could see things just fine from above - and that was around 6 1/2wks or so.
  3. ~Jenn~

~Jenn~ Guest

Thanks, Rivka. I guess I'm just going to have to patiently (or not so patiently!) wait for the ultrasound. I've googled like crazy :) and all I'm doing is making myself more impatient. I did have EXTREME tiredness the first trimester which I chalked up to being 32 and pregnant with #7, but I have pretty easy pregnancies and this has been the same-- other than not being able to function without a nap.

So we'll see! I'll be happy either way, but the not knowing is rough!
  4. tikva18

tikva18 busy building blocks

May it be the outcome that you want. Twins are very exciting!
  5. Mysticmama

Mysticmama New Member

Morning sickness was much greater, extreme exhaustion, measuring larger than weeks when I normally measure smaller. Since one baby was up high and breech I had a hard time bending much because of the head. I knew I had a breech from that, but was suspecting twins. I blamed the tireness and being larger on age and being my 5th, but the signs were there all along and I did have twins.
  6. Mama2miracles

Mama2miracles Active Member

mine were found at a 19 week ultrasound. I had an 8 week ultrasound that missed them and they never found two heartbeats in the visits before the ultrasound. Wasn't measuring big at that point either. I'm very sick all my pregnancies so that wasn't as obvious - was very tired but due to the extreme nausea and having 3 babies/toddlers already to take care of.
  7. hastings

hastings Amity's Focus Member

I had morning sickness where I had never dealt with a bit of nausea with the other 2 pregnancies. I didn't really have time to speculate much though, as my twins were found in an ultrasound at 7 weeks 5 days when we were trying to figure out dates.
  8. Maidenmyhome

Maidenmyhome New Member

I measured big at 12 weeks and I was spotting a bit. My midwife sent me for an ultrasound.....We thought and prepared for bad news and ended up with the most wonderful surprise of our life !

Good luck either way things work out !
  9. Tremor Christ

Tremor Christ Amity's Focus Member

I had a dream I was having twins. When we went for a us to check for dates the us tech was training someone new. She said she was going to show her how to take measurements and then would turn the screen so we could see.
    The hubby asked if she would please check for twins because I had a dream I was having twins. So she checked around and laughed and said you're right, there are two.

So I dreamed about it.