I wanna hang out here!

Discussion in 'Large Families' started by love2bmom, Oct 14, 2007.

1. love2bmom

love2bmom New Member

LOL - I don't know why - I just really liked that funny grin icon. I feel like that some days.
    We have four children now. Ages 7, 5, 3, and 3 weeks. Maybe not a huge family, but we're certainly on our way. I had two boys, then a girl, and another boy. After we had our girl I was always getting "Oh! Now you can be done - you've got both sexes!". That was in California. Now we live in my home state of Montana and it seems like 3-4 kids is more the norm. We plan on at least one more babe. I had some complications with this last one and if the next pregnancy ends with an emergency cesarean and a stay in the NICU - we may rethink any more babies. Of our own anyway.
    Well, I just wanted to say hi and see if there are other mamas of more than 1 who homeschool and run a home business. How do you schedule your day? How do you make time for school with a 2nd grader who says "I don't want to do school. I don't like it!".
    Amber :)
  2. cancelled member

cancelled member New Member

Saw this in the new posts and just wanted to say welcome! And congrats on your new addition!! I don't have a big family, just wanted to :waving: and say that there are lots of large families that hang out here, and I'm sure some mamas here will have a few tips for you. :)
  3. heythereheather

heythereheather A reading family

Amber! I was so glad to hear the newest addition is doing well (don't know if you're sharing names online or not...) I have been praying for you guys. Do they know why it all happened?

Miss you and your family!
  4. love2bmom

love2bmom New Member

Fancy meeting you here! :)
  5. diegosmama

diegosmama New Member

:waving: Welcome!
    I have 4 as well- 8,6,4,and 3 ! And am homeschooling but not loony enough to run a biz in addtition! :lol: Just kidding! My biz would surely fail if I tried to juggle that and everything else!
  6. love2bmom

love2bmom New Member

That's why I have that crazy looking smile on my post :lol:
  7. Mamaheart7

Mamaheart7 the world is quiet here

Welcome!

Although we do homeschool, and have eight children (eldest left for college, though), don't have a biz.

This board can be slow, but I'm thinkin' it's a pretty busy set of mamas!
  8. waterlily

waterlily arrived

Your children are almost the same ages as mine. I have a dd, 7; a dd, 5, dd 3; and a 9 mo boy. I get the same gender comments. . . now I can be done since I got my boy. We homeschool as well. I don't have any advice for you though because I've been feeling like a big failure lately. Sorry!
  9. love2bmom

love2bmom New Member

Why are you feeling like a failure lately? I'm feeling a bit frustrated with our current situation (for lack of a better word) with our 5 1/2 yr. old. He seems to be having the hardest time adjusting to the baby. He's always been high need but lately it's through the roof. It's tough too because the more difficult he is the less you want to spend time with him. I'm reading "How To Really Love Your Child". My Mom suggested the 5 Love Languages for Kids as well. I want to be sure that he's getting the love/attention he needs but it's been rough with him lately. He's very argumentative and whiney. :(
  10. waterlily

waterlily arrived

I am having a hard time juggling all my responsibilities.

My 5.5 is like that too - I remember the older one being very defiant at 5.5. Between that and my 3 yo who is very whiney and screams when she gets upset there I days I want to use earplugs!

I guess it's the issues with the kids and then trying to teach then and keep the house, and I'm only one person and a very imperfect one at that!
  11. love2bmom

love2bmom New Member

I totally hear ya! Same situation - the 5 1/2 is super whiney and defiant and the 3 yr. old is very agitating right now. She's defiant and also likes to stir the pot with the 5 1/2. Very frustrating.
    I always felt super frustrated with my house until my Mom came here for the summer. She really got the house all organized. Now we maintain. Daily. Some days it's tough, but I'm totally addicted to the clean house now. So is dh so we're pretty dedicated to making it happen. The kids have to do their part. The boys (7 & 5 1/2) make their beds and put their clothes in the laundry down stairs. Every day. They have their own laundry hampers with their names on them (written on paper & taped on) so that they can put their own clothes in the washer. They actually like doing this. We wash one child's clothes at a time and this way they can easily fold and put away their own clothes. I fold the 3 yr. olds clothes, but she puts away. She also puts the silverware away out of the dishwasher.
    The 7 yr. old vacuums and the 5 1/2 does garbages. They have to be current on their chores before any special activities like games or tv.
    I have to keep up on the dishes (yuck!). Sadly, I hate to cook and I hate dishes. But I do my best. I walk through the house a few times a day to make sure that whatever has ended up on the floor is picked up. I have the kids pick up their things. They also have to put away what they're playing with before they get out the next thing. Those magnets and Hot Wheels can be such a mess.
    Anyway, that's how we've finally begun to feel more caught up. You're in my thoughts though - I know it's very tough.:hug: I think my worst times are when someone is sick - especially if it's me. I get pretty behind then.
  12. back2thebasics

back2thebasics back2thebasics

I don't have a large family (yet!!) but I do love to stalk this board. I have 2 kids now, preg with #3, and eager to have one more and adopt as many as we can! I am originally from MT as well and can't wait to move back. I think it might be a very long time though as my husband is a pilot and their aren't alot of aviation jobs there.

I did work from home for a year and a half, I also homeschool, but I just got too stressed. I felt like I was rushing my kids into bed each night so that I could get some work done and it just wasn't creating the atmosphere in my home that I wanted.

If your job is something that you really feel you are called to be doing and you must have the money I hope that you find the balance that you are seeking.

I'd love to know where in Mt you are at, I am from the NW region. Love it, love it, love it there!! Shh, don't tell others though I don't want anyone else moving there!
  13. love2bmom

love2bmom New Member

Hi! We're in Billings. We're thinking about moving to Idaho though. Congratulations on your pregnancy :)
  14. diegosmama

diegosmama New Member

But a smile none the less!