I taught somebody EFT

Discussion in 'EFT, Emotional Freedom Technique' started by Natalia, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Natalia

Natalia New Member

I have been so excited about EFT for a while now, I have really, really been wanting to share. DH, who is a good sport about most of my ventures into weirdness, is not open. I've been telling a friend about it for a while and a few weekends ago, got the opportunity to do an EFT session with her.

Thanks to Linda's wonderful teaching and leading me through some incidents, I was able to work with her for at least an hour and after some general tapping, we used the movie technique on a very upsetting event from her past. We did the movie, then the movie in slow motion a few times (this seemed very helpful to her and more details were remembered each time she told the story slower and slower -- in fact, 5 minutes after she said she did not remember anything about that part of the incident, when we slowed in down and told it from the observer's point of view, she remembered). Finally, we did it backwards. We paused throughout to look for feelings in her body. For much of the time, she felt nothing. And she is generally intuitive and open, so I was surprised that she did not feel anything. But toward the end, she felt a constriction in her chest which she directly related to, "That's where he was holding me down." We tapped it down to 0.

Thank you Linda for teaching me the movie technique and for saying long ago, "I know you'll pay it forward." It was wonderful for me and my friend. And I hope that I will have many more opportunities to tap with people and even :shhh: tap with 100 people and get certified to practice EFT.
  2. Rhea

Rhea Tickled by the view

That's great Natalia! Cheering you on here in Alaska. :heart:

Rhea
  3. Deborah

Deborah New Member

Yeah!
  4. Linda

Linda Amity's Focus Member

:cheer: :dancing:

Wow! Way to go, Natalia!