I really need help with this diaper rash.

Discussion in 'Cloth Diapering' started by emmas~clogs, Sep 21, 2005.

1. emmas~clogs

emmas~clogs meanie mommy ;)

My ds has always worn cloth and for his first 15 months never ever had a diaper rash. Now he has one so bad I keep having to buy disposables to clear it up. And they clear it up really fast.

But, as soon as I put the cloth dipes back on him it comes back. It doesn't look like a yeast rash- I looked up the pic on Askdrsears.com. Maybe I should try a new detergent? Which one is good now?
  2. Twisti

Twisti ......................

Yup sounds like what your washing them in...sorry no suggestions on what kind to buy...Saras are washed in 1/4 of what we wash our clothes in...
  3. ParentingByNatu

ParentingByNatu New Member

I would try a detergent that will not leave ANY residue like Sports Wash or Sensi clean. Apparently you can get it at Walmart or a sporting goods store in the US. Or try theclothdiapercompany.com as I think the mama there may sell it. As a last resort, I know some mamas have had success adding a *tiny* bit of bleach to their wash and it has helped to get rid of anything that could be brewing in the dipes.

Good luck!
  4. sayitwithtees

sayitwithtees New Member

I would go with either all free and clear or sportswears, too.

HTH

Michelle
  5. gardenpoetry

gardenpoetry New Member

You might want to strip your diapers. If that doesn't work, then maybe adding tea tree oil in the wash or grapefruit seed extract.

There are several ways to strip diapers. A small amount of regular dawn in the wash cycle and then several rinses. OR, just rinse, rinse, rinse until there are no bubles or suds.
  6. 2boys4us

2boys4us New Member

I agree with pp's try stipping them I'm doing this as I type Ds got a really bad rash and fungus from the moisture and build-up. as for detergent what hasnt works for us is sportswash gave ds bad rash. Anything F&C they are said to not be good for diapers. Lot of people love cheepo sun