I need supper ideas

Discussion in 'Food and Cooking' started by MotherMoon, Feb 6, 2004.

1. MotherMoon

MotherMoon Super Crunch in AL

somewhere between complete exhaustion and utter eu
    I have found I am stuck in a rut. I make the same 4 or 5 things ALL week. We eat spaghetti twice a week, every week. Any suggestions. I don't necessarily need recipes, just ideas. We are gluten and dairy free but I know how to modify, so please make all suggestions.

TIA.
  2. .:Becca:.

.:Becca:. Tina! Come get some ham!

Hmmmm... I know what you mean by being in a rut.. Here's a few thoughts:

Veg. stew (cabbage, carrots, potatoes, ect..)
    tacos
    chili
    quiche
    homemade pizza

HTH and good luck :)
  3. Linda

Linda Amity's Focus Member

bean burritos-or bean rice, guac, salsa, veggies...

or make a bean dip-can dip veggies, baked tortilla chips in it-can hava guacamole or slase to as an option....

soups, split pea, vegetable, butternut squash with what ever gluten free things you eat in place of wheat...

baked potatoes with whatever you like in them-broccoli, chili, beans...

or baked sweet potatoes...can mash some canned pineapple and rice milk or earth balance in them to liven them up. or can add cinnamin

or can roast sweet potatoes-cut up in cubes, toss in some oil and raost-makes a good side dish or topping for pizza

cut up fresh friut or veggies with dinner-makes more variety-and is easyIt is amazing what cutting up a couple of apples or pears will to to extend a meal.

pasta salad-instaed of spagghetti-boil noodles, chop up veggies-i like tomatoes, bell pepper, broccoli-and use a vinegarette and refridgerate

hummus-as a dip or spread

HTH-

:)
  4. herc

herc Amity's Focus Member

we ar ein a rut too :) fried rice is what I made tonight-- super easy and yummy, and chock full of veggies (I throw them in the food processor so they are very fine-- dh is a picky eater, lol). I also do veggie lomein, thats yum too. Homemade pizza is easy, i dunno if you have figured out a good dough recipe thats gf though?? Vegetable soup served over cornbread is one of my favorites during cold weaater--- can or jar of tomatoes, cut up potatoes, onion, carrot, lima beans, corn, okra (if my dad is making it, lol), veggie bullion make s it richer if you have any. Ground beef adds some substance if you guys eat beef. Over cornbread makes it nice and hearty.

Bedtime for Liam, I will try and add more stuff later. :)

heather
  5. MotherMoon

MotherMoon Super Crunch in AL

somewhere between complete exhaustion and utter eu
    Heather,

I actually did find a good GF pizza crust last night. I wish I could find a quicker wheat one for DH and Beth. Neither will eat it GF. We need two pizzas anyway for the four of us.

DH will not eat veggies. It is soo much easier to cook for the girls and I without DH. We love veggies.

Thanks for the ideas all, keep them coming.
  6. Goonboy

Goonboy New Member

Hey mama, I know how you feel!

We're gf/cf here too, mostly. (Ds is completely, has been off gluten, casein, soy and eggs for 4 months now.) Dh and I do eat some cheese at times, but I don't think I eat gluten anymore. We eat the same things it seems, week after week.

Pork chops (sauteed in pan with a little garlic, salt and pepper. Fresh fruit and steamed veggies on side, BORING!)

Homemade spaghetti sauce and Tinkyada brown rice pasta, it's good!

Homemade chili

Some new things we're doing are chicken bento (sauteed chicken with gf teriyaki sauce and rice, steamed veggies) and last night I made Pigs in a blanket (Hog Wild breakfast sausages rolled in gf/cf pancakes. I finally got a good pancake recipe, yay!!)

Seriously, you need to get Special Diets for Special Kids. (I saw it on your wish list, not giving up my copies though, sorry!) Get both I and II if you can. These are just stuffed with great ideas. I aspire to try one new recipe a week, but haven't been doing so lately. I would be happy to look up recipes for you in these books if you like, if you tell me what kind of stuff you want. HTH mama, good luck. And please post when you have new ideas, I'm all ears! -Laura
  7. I am on the gluten free diet also. I have a few ideas if anything sounds good to you. Hot wings and potato salad. Cubed steak breaded with rice flour cooked with onions and mushrooms and mashed potatoes or rice. Put a roast in the crock pot and turn it into barbecue.Spice up some pinto beans with summer sausage, cajun seasoning and peppers & onions serve it over rice. Mexican casserole made with layers of taco seasoned ground beef, Dorritoes, salsa & cheese. Chicken cooked with salsa and cheese over it served with spanish rice and sour cream. Take pizza dough ( I found Chebes pizza mix in the gluten free section of my grocery store and love it and its only a little over $2.00) put peppers ,onions, turkey lunch meat, and cheese in the middle. Press the edges together and bake it. You may like some marinara sauce to dip it in. Baked chicken covered & cooked in Italian dressing. Well maybe one of those sounds good. :)
  8. bugatti

bugatti New Member

Seriously, you need to get Special Diets for Special Kids.......