I need a SERIOUSLY waterproof pail liner...

Discussion in 'Cloth Diapering' started by juliebelle, Sep 28, 2005.

1. juliebelle

juliebelle taking pictures

I have 2 pail liners...one my sister made me from PUL that is a couple years old...and another from proraps that just sucks. It is soaking wet on the outside when I take it out of my pail.

I need a pail liner that will not wick at all...I mean...like a trash bag yk. It needs to be washable..what should I use?
  2. tamccrackine

tamccrackine New Member

From what I've been told, you can go to WalMart and go to the sports section or hunting section and find you a laundry bag/ camping bag. Or a sleeping bag "bag". I just use a rubbermaid tub in my washroom so I guess I'm lucky on that front so far. I've made a bag from sports nylon for my diaper bag and I've never had it wick (than again, I don't leave dipes in there longer than a few hours :))
    Theresa
  3. Linda

Linda Amity's Focus Member

You need timtex fabric. Most WAHM's use it now that make pail liners. I have one from lilypie.com, but she closed down. The stuff is THICK and does not wick at all. Check out the sewing forum(or sewingmamas.com) and see if someone will make one for you. I also like my mother of eden hanging door diaper pail-it will work as a liner too. It is not as thick as the timtex fabric, though.
  4. juliebelle

hmm..ok thanks linda. i'll try the sewing forum.
  5. tarablesue

tarablesue ~PeAce~

I have one from Bummis and it does wick if its full but I wash every other day and I don't have a problem. have you tried to get that waterproofing agent to try to re -waterproof the ones you have? Might be worth it to try it ( sorry i don't remeber the name)
  6. juliebelle

hmmm...haven't tried that...good idea
  7. juliebelle

some sewing mamas said it was more for interfacing....no clue.
  8. _Gentle_Spirit_

_Gentle_Spirit_ In love with the Son

9. Erica

Erica Amity's Focus Member

I use one from Mother of Eden..maker of your FB's there ;)
    it's as leakproof and wickproof as a FB..same material plus a little microterry swatch inside to drop a few drops of essential oil to keep the ammonia stench to a minimum.
  10. juliebelle

what size is it?
  11. meemee

meemee Sighle na gCioch

Julie, I got mine at weebees.com with my 6yo and they are still going strong. She has a bunch of different sizes to IIRC. We got the biggest for the pail and the smallest for the dipe bag, they are drawstring closure. HTH

this is the description for her website:
    The perfect solution for keeping your pail clean or for storing extra diapers when your pail is overflowing. The Large Pail Liner is designed to fit the 40-quart Diaper Pail. We use a Fluid Proof Urethane Coated Nylon, which is Flame Resistant and Bacterial Resistant, Fungus Resistant and Stain Resistant. The fabric is actually designed to be used as waterproof sheets for hospitals. The coating inhibits 100% growth of Staphylococcus Aureus and Klebsiella Pneumoniae. Inhibits the growth of both gram positive and gram negative bacteria and fungus. Please wash with like colors for the first few times in case color bleeds. Large Pail Liner holds 48+ diapers; measures 25x29". Turquoise. BTW: These Diaper Pail Liners will not hold water, as in filling them with water. They will, however, keep moisture inside. I did have a customer who tried to actually soak her diapers in the pail liner inside her pail. This is not the intended use for these bags. These are designed to store wet diapers in, and to keep you from needing to scrub the pail quite so often.
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2005
  12. juliebelle

thanks meg
  13. Erica

Erica Amity's Focus Member