I have an idea and a request!

Discussion in 'EFT, Emotional Freedom Technique' started by Linda, Oct 20, 2007.

1. Linda

Linda Amity's Focus Member

I was thinking...
    My oldest daughter has a perforated ear drum that has been oozing puss for 4 weeks now. this is the second one since May. She has had hearing loss in her Right ear for about a year now(the school caught it with a routine test, but we also noticed it at home). So something has been gong on in there for a while. She has no other ear history. She is resistant to tapping with me, so I am at a loss. I am going to start surrogate tapping for her again, but I have a request as well...
    Would the lovely mamas here be willing to tap for my daughters ear issues for the next week? Just tap a few minutes a day(or whenever it moves you) for my little Leah? I can post some of my ideas about social stuff for her, or you can just tap on her perforated ear drum and oozing puss. ick. oh and her hearing loss. Her body is just not burning out the infection and draining that ear properly.

And then I was thinking..we could all take turns tapping for each other. We can post an issue, and have other mamas surrogate tap for us. We could have a weekly thread dedicated to this. I am psyched about this idea. I feel so much love and support from Amity's in general, I imagine that tapping for each other could be very powerful!

Let me know what you think.

ETA...WHen Adira was born, she was colicky and cried sooo much. I have a feeling Leah's ear troubles started then. Then when Aidra turned 2yo she started crying a TON again..and Leah's hearing deteriorated. My gut feeling is that it is connected...not wanting to hear her sister crying so much. Also the idea that I was *ahem* grouchy because of the crying and stress. So Leah not wanting to hear the baby crying or her grouchy mom.:eek:
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2007
  2. Linda

Thank you, Irina. She is in my Sig now...

(Aidra is the one in my Avatar:))
  3. Journey

Journey New Member

I don't mean to sound totally out of touch, but can anyone explain what tapping means? Like tapping your fingers or like thinking about someone? I'm lost.
  4. Linda

you can go here to learn about it..
    EFT Provides Impressive Health and Emotional Freedom--New Discovery Often Works Where Nothing Else
    http://www.amitymama.com/vb/eft-mama/339657-introduction-eft.html
    and go here to watch some videos showing you exactly how to do it...live

http://www.amitymama.com/vb/eft-mama/350084-videos.html
    hth!
    ~Linda
  5. Kbsmama

Kbsmama Active Member

You got it, Linda! I'll be tapping for her!
  6. Rhea

Rhea Tickled by the view

Absolutely!

(and non tapping but ear related, wrapping neck and ear in a scarf and drinking very warm liquids always helps me. The warm liquids in the throat helps the eustachian tubes to drain.)

Rhea
  7. Linda

Thank you so very much.

I tapped tonite for about 20 minutes.
    I used Stacy V's protocol...clearing the trauma for her ear. I felt a good shifting of energy doing this protocol!
    Enhancing Sports Performance by improving range of motion

I also tapped on stories about when Aidra was little and crying all the time and how Leah's life changed because of this. I write this, not so that you do the same as me, but it might give you ideas for your own issues. Additionally, I told an 'as if' version of when Aidra was a baby...(that she was a quiet, happy healthy baby and we all slept happily together in our big bed. That one made me SMILE! = energy shift)

I also did a few phrases like this...(which did not do much for me other than I LOOVE saying "I am a really amazing kid:))
    ~Even though my R ear isn't acting as strong as the rest of my body, I'm still a really amazing kid..
    ~Even though my R ear isn't as awesome as the rest of me yet, I'm looking forward to a time when it is working perfectly and I can hear perfectly again.
    ~Even though ,my R ear makes me feel a bit sad, I still have so many things to be happy about...

And I did a visualization/story of little fairies going in and cleaning the 'bugs' out of her ear, mopping it all up, putting fairy dust on her eardrum to heal it and then moonlight fairy making a home in there to help clean up if any bugs decided they wanted to move in. She would gently remind the bugs that it was her home and she would help them find their own place to live outside in the compost heap and garden:)

Pfew. I am going to do the protocol for a month.

(Rhea..thank you.. She lays on a hot water bottle with a moist washcloth twice a day for about 20 minutes at a time. It helps really move the fluids and drain them. She is about 60 % better than a month ago. But it has been a MONTH of draining puss. ugh)
  8. Deborah

Deborah New Member

Will definitely tap for Leah ... (don't you love Stacey's protocol --it's so thorough ...) I love it that you asked for help from the group. That's always such a stretch for me so thanks for modeling that ...

I'd love to get support for my son Matthew and I know others will have stuff for their children and themselves .......

(One manifesting group I was in rotated every three days -- that way we could track results nicely - so for three days we all focused on one person's intention/issue ... then rotated to the next ... )

Looking forward to hearing great stuff about Leah,
    Hugs,
    Deb.
  9. Rhea

Rhea Tickled by the view

I tapped for Leah last night, and will again this morning when I grab my quiet tapping time. It was very powerful, tapping for her. I felt energized, and expanded.

Love to you and Leah and Aidra, :heart:
    Rhea
  10. Linda

Yes, asking for help is a stretch for me too. That is for sure. I feel very safe and loved here, though...so it wasn't too hard:)

Now, explain why you like the three day thing?...I am very excited to be doing this! I very much want to tap for others as well. It feels really good to do it. I'd love to get a thread every three days or seven days. Whatever we decide.

Thank you, Rhea! :heart: So very much. I am just in happy tears here.
  11. Deborah

Deborah New Member

The three days was nice because it kept things moving and interesting -- if it had been a week, I would have probably lost a bit of focus - with three days, I knew to pay attention and do the focusing on person A as they only got three days -- we also were tracking what folks noticed and so we wanted it to be more intense ...

Doesn't mean it should be three days for this though - a week sounds nice as well so if I forget to tap one day I can catch up the next ...
  12. Linda

Well..
    her hearing has decreased again today and the drainage is slightly blood tinged although it is the same amount and not smelly~thank goodness.

I need to tap on my fear that this will never heal. I am a wreck. I need to tap on my feeling of helplessness...
    I need to tap on 'what am I learning from this'?

sigh.
  13. Natalia

Natalia New Member

Joining in late to say I will be tapping for Leah. And I LOVE this idea. As soon as I opened your post, I KNEW what the jist of it would be.

Slightly OT (and think you already know this), but in natural medicine when stuff is draining, oozing and erupting all over the skin, it is considered a good thing. The body is letting it out and healing is sure to follow -- may it be very quickly and easily.
  14. Linda

looking forward to tapping for others!
    Thank you, Natalia. My gratitude for you ladies is boundless.
  15. Deborah

Deborah New Member

Sending you hugs ... it's hard as a committed mama to have our children hurting ...

How about tapping on accepting yourself/things even if it doesn't heal .... that huge energy we get around fixing things can get in our way ...

I remember when Matthew got poison ivy bad -- he was swollen all over his body, face, genitals - it was bad. I worked with three different practitioners and couldn't clear him. I used both homeopathy and EFT and it took about a week to see improvement. I was a basket case, judging myself, etc. Still don't understand it -- the biggest lesson for me was that it's not always my place to fix my children. And it's not a failure if I can't.

How's her pain level? When I tapped for her, that's what I picked up the most.

Love,
    Deb.
  16. Natalia

Natalia New Member

This is a tough one. Probably one we can all tap on together.

Especially now when my children are still young (4, 7, 9), they are the main focus of my time and energy. I DO feel responsible for them in every way. Yet I know that some parts just are not mine. And even though I DON'T understand, it may not be for me to understand at this time.
  17. Morgansma

Morgansma Active Member

I'll tap for her later this afternoon.
  18. Linda

I am getting real clarity on this issue that I cannot 'save' or 'fix' my child.

My child is perfect the way she is. She is not broken. Does not mean I will not try to help in every way I know how. But, it does mean that I am not a failure if I cannot seem to help no matter what I do.

I notice the more I clear my issues and get peace the more my kids shift. I cannot explain how p[atient I am with my children these days. And that is simply from working on my own issues. Nothing to do with my parenting stuff at all. Just clearing my '****' out with EFT.

That said, her ear is still draining...and my husband wants to put her on Antibiotics. She has no pain. And there is no more smell to it.

Now I have to decide if I concede to my husbands wishes.

Thank you so much for tapping. I cannot tell you how good it feels.

:heart:
  19. Deborah

Deborah New Member

Awesome Linda - what a great place to be ...
    Hugs,
    Deb.
  20. Linda

As an update,
    Leah's ear is still draining..but I believe it is clear of infection.

I am tapping for myself on lots of issues surrounding her ear stuff so I can get more clarity in dealing with it.
    I really appreciate the tapping.

After going to the Masters Showcase...I was reminded about the power of group intention. It is amazing. Also, it is very powerful to have others tap for her because you have no 'stuff' getting in the way.:)