I hate my CD's - suggestions?

Discussion in 'Cloth Diapering' started by tinyterror'sma, Mar 9, 2005.

1. tinyterror'sma

tinyterror'sma state of confusion

I've tried patrial CD'ing #2 since birth. I don't even know all the brands I've tried (bought 2nd hand here or on ebay). But I now have & hate:

Kushies - PUL gets holes & velcro tough in wash; + not gathered enough at legs

The CuddleBottoms are gathered so don't blowout legs but leak b/c PUL

I have a few plain covers that are good but so bulky compared to AIOs
  2. ThreeSuns

ThreeSuns Amity's Focus Member

Our stash consist of Lucy's Hope Chest fitteds & AIO's, Bumkins covers & AIO's, Grow me a Rainbow Prefitteds, ME Airflows, and 2 Blue Bird Baby Windpro Covers.

For now I think our stash is perfect!
  3. Cheryl

Cheryl Hi

YES

I know exactly how you feel! I started cding with my 2nd dd when she was 4months old. My oldest was 2.5 at the time, and was potty training.

I tried ALL diapers too....or at least it felt like it. I found the cheaper ones were NOT worth the money....like the Kushies. I ended up using mostly mother ease diapers and their covers. I used the one size ones for the baby, and the sandies style for the older who was potty tranining. They were easy to slip up and down. I had some all in ones too, which were luke's drawers, and my dh loved them!

For this next baby, due June 6, I am using 24 assorted fitteds and covers for the newborn stage. I have some nanipoos, poochies, eezi folds and extra small sandies with bummis covers.

Then for them 3mon and up stage, I have half aio's and half fitteds. I have for assorted aio's, blue moon, bunny hugs, luke's drawers, little lambs, and wonderoos. Then for fitteds I have mother ease one size and eezi fold one size with mother ease airflow and stacinator covers.

I'm staying away from flannel inners/soakers this time around....that just isn't enough absorbancy, so I'm going with more hemp.

Because this is my last baby, I'm also going with diapers that will sell well when I'm done.

Good luck! and have fun with it!
  4. punkin

punkin Amity's Focus Member

have you tried prefolds w/ a snappi? They are cheap and work well.

I have some fitteds, AIO's, Fuzzi Bunz, etc, but I love my prefolds. And I mostly use prowrap covers. I called them and got their 2nds for $4 each. I pd. about $50 for 2 doz premium prefolds that I have used through 2 kids (so far about 28 mos. solid everyday use) and they are just starting to show some wear. I always get a good fit and they are quick and easy to put on and wash and dry. The fitteds just take too long to dry.
  5. Cheryl

Cheryl Hi

yes

Isn't it funny how you ask 100 people one question, and you get 100 different/varied answers?

I HATED prefolds. I could snappi them great, but they just weren't absorbant enough for my heavy wetters.....hemp ones were better, but I just didn't like the bulky wear, they way they sagged, and when they got older, they hated how they felt.

Yes, they are definatly the most economical way to go....but I much preferr a fitted or aio that is quick dry...

jm2c
  6. Barb

Barb Moderator Staff Member

nods. also hated prefolds and prorpaps here. Roman coudln't stand to be wet from day one so fitteds with covers were out. went to aios and pocket diapers only.
    we found pockets (same as with zoey) to be dad/teen/gramma friendly, trimmer and more absorbent.
    unfortunately roman has been incredibly rashy the last 6 months and we've tried different diapers, different liners, different combinations, creams etc...and have now gone to disposables.

and he is rash free this week for the first time in 6 months
  7. Cheryl

Cheryl Hi

hmmm

so does that mean you have diapers fs?

:cuc:
  8. Jrnme

Jrnme Boy Crazy!!!

I LOVED my Mother Ease AIO's. Best one I ever found. If you wanna try one, PM me I have one you can have free for shipping.
  9. my2girlz

my2girlz Amity's Focus Member

We started cloth when dd2 was 4 months old. That was 2.5 years ago. We have used and liked fuzzi bunz, happy hieny, Full Moon Baby Gear, Lucy's Hope Chest, Angelwraps, BizzybHive, cuddlebuns, and First Class Baby. Most of them are AIOs or Pockets. We don't have a problem with pul getting holes or have any leaks. I should probably add that Alex is a super soaker.
  10. Harmony

Harmony Spinning in Circles

My suggestion is to not buy the premium prefolds. I have tons of them and they are too bulky. I use them as changing table covers. lol

What worked best for us was the infant prefolds with FBs. These worked great up to size L. I also have used the regular (white stitching) and these were wonderful because they have fewer layers than the premiums.

And yes, I have dipes for sale. Just no pictures to go with them.
  11. tandemmama

tandemmama I should be cleaning

Most of the wahm dipes are great quality and cute too ;)

For simple and economic diapers that are also good quality, I'd suggest Motherease. They have fitted dipes in different sizes (Sandies) fitted dipes that are one size fits all and AIO's They also make covers.

I love wahm dipes and buy them when I can, but a big chunk of my stash are ME and I'm very happy with them. They hold up well, I've never had one leak and they're trim.

I believe they have a deal on the website where you can get a one size dipe and cover for a low price, it's a sample type deal.

You could also scan for the names that the above posters mentioned on ebay.

My number one advice to new CD moms is: No Dappis, No Kushies :)
  12. Ms. Frizzle

Ms. Frizzle New Member