*I got it off* Can I get this permanent Sharpie off my pine walls??

Discussion in 'Household FAQ' started by Rainedazze, Oct 17, 2003.

1. Rainedazze

Rainedazze Tar Heels Lovin Mama!!

I just spent the last 20 minutes scrubbing down the entertainment center with goo gone and I got most of it off but Caleb took the sharpie to my walls beside the door too :( The goo gone won't take it off.. I am just sick..

any ideas? :confused:
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2003
  2. Jrnme

Jrnme Boy Crazy!!!

maybe some aresol hairspray??? I think I remember that working... Good Luck.
  3. LifesaBeach

LifesaBeach Amity's Focus Member

i used automatic dishwashing soap to get it off my cabinets:rolleyes: worse case scenario, isn't there a new shade of paint you'd *love* put on your walls?:D
  4. APmommyCarrie

APmommyCarrie bubbly

rubbing alcohol or hairspray (since it usually has alcohol in it)--just test a spot in a corner 1st to be sure it won't ruin the wood.

I hope it works Mama! Adrian colored all over the wall next to me with blue sharpie but I can't take it off because the alcohol was taking the paint off too :rolleyes: of course, lol! And we rent.
  5. Barb

Barb Moderator Staff Member

well

i don't know bout walls, but i can get sharpie off skin with danicas sleepyscrubbles. not her other soaps, just that one. She told me why once but i don't remember.

i've gotten sharpie off zoey, well, more times then i'd like to say with sleepy scrubbles

good luck!! and post what works for you so we know for next time k?
  6. Rainedazze

I will try the alcohol.. that is the only thing I have on hand and DH has my vehicle today :rolleyes:

I can't paint the walls Jen.. they are pine throughout the house and I don't think they would look to good painted lol.. I might just have to place a bookcase or something in front of it if I can't get it off. :(

I was working and didn't realize he had made off with my HUGE BLUE SHARPIE MARKER and then I hear this scribbling and I look over to see him fast at work on the side of the entertainment center.. where was his brother???? Watching him do it!! :mad: lol

I will let you know if I find something that works.. thanks for the help mamas!
  7. Rainedazze

The Cascade worked!!! (forgot I had some in the laundry stuff)Thanks Jennifer!!! :p There are a few spots that didn't come all the way out but they are very faded .. looks MUCH better than the huge scibbles 2 ft tall :D I think the wall looks better than it did before I scrubbed it.. thats always a plus!

Thanks mamas i REALLY appreciate it!!