How would you teach your kid to be a photographer?

Discussion in 'Talk Photography' started by ElDucko, Oct 30, 2011.

1. ElDucko

ElDucko Amity's Focus Member

I don't mean professionally, because now that there's "prosumer" dslr's everyone has a business doing photography - but just better pictures?

Besides letting them have/use a camera. I'm not sure what a good first step is . . .

My girls who would be doing this are 13 and ten.

Tia!
  2. freedomlover

freedomlover ReaderOfThreads

Check out some youtube videos to see if there are tutorials there?
  3. bubbles

bubbles New Member

I would first talk about composition. Talk about the focal point (is it a person, an object, animal). After deciding the focal point decide how you want it framed. Think about the surroundings and the things behind. I think figuring out what is in the picture and how you want it framed is a good start. Outdoors it generally works better if the sun is behind the camera. Just a few simple ideas. I think for their age you could get a really basic digital photo book and work on it with them. Also, years ago someone posted a good primer on photographing your kids in this forum. I think it would have some great basic info that you could teach your kids (for whatever they want to photograph).
  4. ElDucko

ElDucko Amity's Focus Member

Thank you!
  5. Antoine33

Antoine33 New Member

Hi friends as a professional photographer i would like to say you here that i am teaching my kids to make the photographs by the good focus and don;t move the camera when taking the photo and other some tips to make them a professional photographer.........

Photographer Gold Coast | The Bradkay world
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2013