How would you tap on ...

Discussion in 'EFT, Emotional Freedom Technique' started by Natalia, Jan 30, 2009.

1. Natalia

Natalia New Member

things that did not happen? I think this is one of my issues with the PPP. I don't have many big or even small traumatic events. Rather, there is an accumulation of little things done or not done and I cannot remember specific incidents in most cases.

For example, my mother was fabulous in every way, took us places, guided us, taught us stuff. But, we were not close as far as communicating. I find that now it is hard to talk about Big Things because we do not have a history of talking. We spend time together, vacationed, passed many glorious days together, but I don't know her stories and she doesn't know mine. Do I tap a How I Wish It Had Happened big talk?
  2. Linda

Linda Amity's Focus Member

1)I can't have a big talk with my mother because...? IMagine yourself having the big talk with your mother, right now. What is SCARY or uncomfortable to you about this scene?

2)you can tune into the feeling...of 'I just can't talk to my mother about the big stuff.'

What does that feel like? A conversation...that just never goes where you want it to go?
    Feel it in your body..and tap on it...simply by focusing on the feeling.

And see what comes up.
    Any stories, events...an age...

And another tactic...is
    3)MAKE IT UP.
    THis is all made up by our minds anyways..seriously. It is all our response.
    so you can think about being a kid...and having this 'feeling' of not communicating...and imagine a conversation that just NEVER happened...make it up...and tap on it.

HTH!
  3. Natalia

Natalia New Member

This is what I was thinking. I was just working on this with one incident I actually do remember that got no conversation (menarche) when Andrew decided to come a discuss the map of Michigan. :heart smirk: I'll get back to it when he is in bed.

(S is having a sleepover here so, of course, no one in the house is sleeping even though is is almost 11:00 here.)
  4. Linda

(dh calls sleepovers awake overs:))

Yes, make it up and tap on it to get the intensity down.
    THEN(when it is below a 4/10)...rewrite it to get a good outcome for Little Natalia. What did she WANT to happen that didn't.
  5. Natalia

Natalia New Member

I rewrote this. The new story had a happy feeling so I think I'm done.
  6. Linda

that is great Natalia!