How do you store your recipes?

Discussion in 'Puter schmooter' started by 3Gs4Me, Jan 11, 2009.

1. 3Gs4Me

3Gs4Me Blessed Beyond Belief!

Wrapped in the Loving Embrace of My Family
    I have many of the recipes I have ripped from magazines in a binder but I also have an index card box for other recipes. My recipes are in such various shapes and sizes that I am not sure how to organize them all. Are there sleeves for a three ring binder that would have pockets that 3 by 5 and 4 by 6 cards would fit into?
  2. Angel MM

Angel MM New Member

You could get some photo pages for 3 ring binders. 4x6 is a common photo size. They should fit just right.
  3. Maidenmyhome

Maidenmyhome New Member

good idea !!!
  4. tarablesue

tarablesue ~PeAce~

Ha I am organizing my recipes as we speak...thanks for the photo page idea!
  5. 3Gs4Me

3Gs4Me Blessed Beyond Belief!

Wrapped in the Loving Embrace of My Family
    Do they make 4 by 6 photo sheets that fit in a standard three ring binder or would they be more scrapbook shaped (12 by 12, 8 by 8, etc...). If they do have standard ones would places like KMart or Wal-Mart carry them (that is all we have within 45 miles)?
  6. Angel MM

Angel MM New Member

They make them to fit standard 3 ring binders. You might be able to find them at Walmart/Kmart. I've also seen 3 ring photo albums on clearance before. You could keep an eye out for those and take the photo pages out.

I have also seen the photo pages at office supply stores like Office Max and Office Depot. Do you have access to any office stores? The pages are only a few bucks for a pack.
  7. hematite

hematite New Member

I finally dealt with this issue a few month ago. I got color coded large index cards, cut the recipes down to fit, taped them onto the correct color (soup= purple etc...) and then on the back side, i wrote a list of the foods that i don't ordinarily have in the house. when i plan meals, i take the cards, flip them over and write my list. I then laminated the cards and put them in a file box. It is a great system, it just takes the initial investment of time and the color coding really reallly helps!
    hth,
    misty
  8. herc

herc Amity's Focus Member

i put the ones i use a lot online in a wiki-- that way i can share them easily