How do you store / organize your kids' clothes?

Discussion in 'Large Families' started by IndiMom, Jul 23, 2010.

1. IndiMom

IndiMom .

I've tried hangers, dressers, and big plastic boxes. No matter what we try they tend to throw their clothes on the floor. I need some help thinking of something that's easy for them to maintain. With lots of little kids we have lots of clothes! I do try to keep them at a reasonable number, but I need to do something else...our current system is NOT working.

Also, any tips to keep up on laundry?
  2. juliebelle

juliebelle taking pictures

they throw their clean clothes on the floor? or dirty clothes after they wear them? or are they just throwing them on the floor instead of putting them away after laundry is done?
  3. IndiMom

IndiMom .

Your sig photo is ADORABLE! What did the tooth fairy bring her?

I fold and put away their laundry. They dump it out to choose clothing to wear and don't put it away. I know it's a behavior issue, not an organizational issue ;) but I keep thinking if I find the right solution it will be easy for them to maintain. I thought the boxes were a great idea because they could just rummage through them and scoop everything up to put it away but it's not any better than when everything had a spot in their dressers.
  4. juliebelle

thanks..the tooth fairy brought her the second little house book in the series that we're reading
  5. juliebelle

each of my kiddos has their own laundry bin for dirty laundry...they bring it to the laundry room when i wash and then i put their laundry back in the bin for them to put away...i put them back in their rooms after i wash.

they hang shirts, pants, dresses and skirts and the rest goes in drawers...we don't fold anything.
  6. heythereheather

heythereheather A reading family

I have just 3 kids, and I feel like I spend a good portion of my life keeping their clothes organized. :lol: We don't hang anything, we fold it all (well, I hang Grace's dresses, but she's not getting anything out by herself yet anyway). The boys do best if I put their clothes in outfits: a pair of shorts and a t-shirt right together.
  7. IndiMom

IndiMom .

They hang their own clothes? What kind of hanger do you use for pants and skirts?
  8. juliebelle

Yes...they do.

We have kid hangers with the little clips on them. Both Jackson (5) and Savannah (7) can hang them. They aren't ever hung as pretty as when I hang them...but my goal is for them to be hung...and by the children...so I don't sweat it.