Here's my article on picture sharing & sig files at Amity's

Discussion in 'Amity Mama How to's' started by RocketScientist, Jun 24, 2002.

1. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Member

When you're adding a ticker from the Tickerfactory...

Apparently the ticker can often come with characters in its URL which confuse the vb code here. In such cases, you can go to www.tinyurl.com, change the URL to a different (shorter) URL, and try using that one. I understand that even the tinyurl may not work... in that case, try again (and perhaps again). There's an "open new window" on the www.tinyurl.com page which allows you to test your new URL before using it - I encourage you to do this! :)
  2. nanci

nanci jelly belly

Need help pls!!

Selissa told me to click on "reply" and go down to browse and select my picture....

I did that and opened it and submitted it to the test forum and it came back and said my pic was too big...

How to make it smaller????

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!!!
  3. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Member

4. bigmomma

bigmomma New Member

Okay, so I uploaded a pic in the testing forum but when I right click it, I don't see anything about "properties" or the picture's url. What am I doing wrong?
  5. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Member

Shelia,

Perhaps you are on a Mac rather than a PC? On my PC, if I right-click on the picture, it gives me a list with "properties" on the bottom - I choose that and look at the address and get http://www.amitymama.com/vb/attachment.php?s=&postid=1467613

For a Macintosh, use "control-click" rather than "right-click"... ie hold down control while you click - that's how you right click on a Mac.
  6. bigmomma

bigmomma New Member

No, I am on a PC. No hope for me?
  7. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Member

Sure there's hope for you! I just put your picture in your sig file.

I'm curious though... when you click on a picture here (any picture) with your right mouse button, does anything happen? What browser are you using?
  8. bigmomma

bigmomma New Member

Thanks so much! I loooooove you!!

I did try clicking other pics to see what would happen. Still the same. No "properties" or urls shown. I use Yahoo dsl.
  9. mamadoula

mamadoula Active Member

i am hopeless

I have tried and tried again a million times to attach a new photo for my siggy. I have read all the info and still can't figure it out. It is so silly becauae I had one before. Every time I try to attach it in the test forum, it says that it isn't the right kind of file. It is jpg though so what am I doing wrong?
  10. basilfern3

basilfern3 missing N.Y.

I am on Yahoo! DSL as well and can't find any "properties".......when I right click
  11. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Member

Try right-clicking on the rainbow under your username... do you see a menu pop up on the screen? If so, "Properties" should be right at the bottom. This is if you are on a PC. For a Macintosh, use "control-click" rather than "right-click"... ie hold down control while you click - that's how you right click on a Mac.

If you're still having problems, feel free to PM me.
  12. Natalia

Natalia New Member

So I am the last remaining person who still can't do this. :( I have tried following all directions.

photobucket does not let me size avatar to 50x50

And the sig picture I am linking says the file is too big.'

Please help.
  13. jesslca79

jesslca79 New Member

What am I doing wrong? I followed the instructions on how to add my pic to the signature line, but all it's doing is showing a clickable link.

I'm typing in (without the *)
    [*img]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b200/jcatota/Catota059.jpg[/img] - and getting:
    [​IMG]

-- ok, I am doing something wrong because THAT worked on the message board, but not my signature! HELP?! :)
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2008
  14. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Member

Just a guess, Jessica, but I think that you may have to make a few more posts before the picture in your signature will show up. If you still have problems, please let me know - just send me a PM!