Here we go, declutter madness starts today!

Discussion in 'Mama's Simplifying and Thrift forum' started by 3Gs4Me, Apr 2, 2010.

1. 3Gs4Me

3Gs4Me Blessed Beyond Belief!

Wrapped in the Loving Embrace of My Family
    Met with the realtor yesterday. House should be on all the realtor websites by Monday and we have a huge for sale sign in the back of the van waiting to be put up.

Instead of our leisurely spring break, we now get to spend an ample amount of time cleaning and purging. Planning to get rid of anything we don't love rather than just playing a game of shift the **** to make things look more organized. All of this has me a bit overwhelmed but I know that the end result will be worth it and less stuff will make moving day easier as well.

I also want to pack up some things but also don't want to live out of a box for God only knows how long it will take to sell our home.

So much to think about, so much to do.
  2. juliebelle

juliebelle taking pictures

Yea! I hope you get in a rhythm and the purging is easy. I think we're putting up our sign today...hopefully!
  3. Briefaerie

Briefaerie New Member

Good luck on purging and the house selling quickly!
  4. houdini

houdini New Member

Good luck! That's a much better idea than what I did the last time I sold my house. I packed half our stuff and put it in the garage with a tarp over it, so that the pile was the size of a car. Ended up purging most of it after moving. :p
  5. geogirl

geogirl New Member

How is it going? We are on the verge of doing the same thing. I hope I can find it in myself to be ruthless!! I'm thinking that I need many big boxes for give away, sell etc.

Good luck! I'd love to hear more about just HOW you are doing it.
  6. Maidenmyhome

Maidenmyhome New Member

"shift the ****" lol!!!! I laughed out loud at this !!! I am fighting myself with this exact thing !! I was thinking ..hmmm...didnt I move that last time from the front hall??
    I am working on finding HOMES for everything.Tossing stuff no one will notice is gone, and making things/rooms user friendly. I battle with myself so often about certain things and sometimes I am not in the mood for the emotional journey of going through certain boxes.

Why cant I get rid of old concert t-shirts ??
  7. Kris

Kris Amity's Focus Member

We just found out that a cross country move could be in the very near future...and I am panicing! I thought I would have more time to declutter.
  8. stephanielynn

stephanielynn New Member

you doing ok with it all?
  9. 3Gs4Me

3Gs4Me Blessed Beyond Belief!

Wrapped in the Loving Embrace of My Family
    Actually no, decluttering of any kind has been put on hold since my dad died 3 days after I posted this. Week of funeral and family obligations, then a week of catch up from everything we let slide during the funeral week, followed by a man from our church dieing and I am the coordinator for his funeral luncheon so that has taken all of this week so far since they are anticipating 250+ people to attend.

Eventually I will get back to the purging but it probably won't be until mid May as next week and the week after I am training the person who is taking over my co-op.

Never a dull moment, though I wish the non dull moments could be fun instead of tragic. :(
  10. stephanielynn

stephanielynn New Member

omg...i am so sorry. :(