Help...questions about crab meat and granola

Discussion in 'Mama's Simplifying and Thrift forum' started by naturalmama, Feb 2, 2009.

1. naturalmama

naturalmama New Member

Do they go well together? :lol: Ok, just kidding!

I need a tried and true yummy *frugal* crab cake recipe and granola bar recipe. I know I can google it, but I'd rather have recipes that you wise mamas can vouch for.

Also and most important... Can you freeze granola sucessfully?

I lucked onto both items dirt cheap and need to store some of the granola. I got Breadshop's natural foods granola by the 25 lb. box for $10 each (they are normally about $100 per box I believe). They are very high quality, very healthy and super yummy. I got like uummm 10 boxes though. :lol: So there is no way we can eat it all (250 lbs) up soon.

The crab meat is Dungeness premium crab meat if that makes any difference. I'm open to other simple, yummy recipes for this too besides crab cakes.

Thanks mamas!

Aileen
  2. brayg

brayg Evil Genius

Not a granola BAR recipe, but just plain old granola--this is delicious! I like to add raisins and chopped walnuts after it's done.

Honey or Maple Syrup Granola
  3. mamatanya

mamatanya the bead lady

Sushi time! California rolls if you can get avocado and cucumber. But lots of yummy possibilities with crab sushi. I've been experimenting with salmon patties. Haven't gotten it down yet but as long as it has Old Bay Seasoning in it, Dh will eat it.

I think you could freeze the granola as long as you toast it when you take it out of the freezer?

Not much help, am I?
  4. naturalmama

naturalmama New Member

Thanks mama!

I've never made sushi. I tried it once, but I had an allergic reaction to it...at a restaurant. I'm pretty sure I reacted to the nori, but not 100% positive.

I wondered if I could treat it the same as salmon patties. We make those with crushed cracker crumbs, egg, garlic powder, salt and pepper. No real recipe we just eyeball it. :lol: I'm scared to try it with the crab meat though, since it is normally so expensive. I'm afraid It'll be nasty and I'll have wasted it.
  5. artemis33

artemis33 Amity's Focus Member

6. 3Gs4Me

3Gs4Me Blessed Beyond Belief!

Wrapped in the Loving Embrace of My Family
    Aileen, I have an awesome granola bar recipe but it calls for various ing. and not actual granola. What is the granola you have, have in it and what is it sweetened with (how sweet is it)?

Oh, and I so still owe you a letter. Sorry about the delay. I will put it on my list to get to this week.
  7. naturalmama

naturalmama New Member

8. naturalmama

naturalmama New Member

No worries on the letter. That is just one more *I'm* not late on. :lol:

The granola is just basic with honey for sweetener and some small nuts/oats and blueberries etc... It is sweet but not overly so.

Aileen