Help I need nightime diapering ideas for my 18 month old girl

Discussion in 'Cloth Diapering' started by kaje62, Mar 11, 2005.

1. kaje62

kaje62 crone woman

I have been trying all in ones for ever and she leaks at night no matter what I do. Charlie never did this. I have tried sellin threads, luke's drawers and little moon diapers. So now I am thinking I either get some covers for my existing luke's drawers good night kisses and sellin threads, which are like the thickness of a honey boy or I get some fitted hemp diapers and covers.

have any of you used covers over honey boys or good night kisses? if yes, what do you recommend? I dont' know if I can do wool cuz I am afraid I would ruin it. I have a bad history of felting wool.

and if I decided to start from scratch and get some hemp fitteds or something. What is the rage? And what covers are good? Thanks all.
  2. my2girlz

my2girlz Amity's Focus Member

I've been using fuzzi bunz stuffed with hemp prefolds or joeybunz for the past 2.5 years and rarely have a leak. Maybe 5 times total. I can't use AIOs with fleece outers because they wick with my heavy wetter.
  3. annsni

annsni Amity's Focus Member

My absolute favorite for my super heavy wetting son was a Bizzy B or SugarPeas wool AIO with an extra Joey Bunz stuffed in there too. It was slightly bulky but not bad and NEVER leaked!!

LOL - I have some for sale if you'd like to try! ;)

Ann
  4. ZandLsMom

ZandLsMom New Member

WE use Fuzzi Bunz for nighttime and rarely have a leak. Now and then, if I don't double stuff or if DS has a major blowout we have problems, but not typically.
  5. punkin

punkin Amity's Focus Member

we use FB stuffed w/ 2 joey bunz or 2 prefolds snappi'd w/ a wool cover (that i made from a sweater) over. we never leak.
  6. Amethyst

Amethyst New Member

I have had leaks with FBs, but never with wool! I say learn how to take care of the wool and get two nice, soft, strechy covers for bedtime to use with fitteds. That works so well for us, plus the soakers of longies make comfy pjs. :)
  7. ~Meeshi~

~Meeshi~ Also Known As Michelle

We never, ever, EVER had a nighttime leak when we used our Stacinator fleece cover. It was durable enough to be used every night for 2 years and not show much wear at all. We just did it over a LD with hemp insert.
  8. kaje62

kaje62 crone woman

the fb's did not work well for me

ann is the busyb wool? i prefer not doing wool.

meeshi was the stacinator the deluxe fleece cover?

dancing bears bear bottoms pull on soaker in the nighttime weight

http://www.dancing-bears.com/covers.html)http://www.dancing-bears.com/covers.html

http://www.dancing-bears.com/cart/index.php)http://www.dancing-bears.com/cart/index.php

I have used the simples
    http://store.yahoo.com/baby-belle-b....yahoo.com/baby-belle-bottoms/stohsosico.html

has anyone tried the lana cover?
    and who has the best hemp fitted?

thanks to all of you
  9. kaje62

kaje62 crone woman

10. willowsmama

willowsmama New Member

Kathy-

The Lana is wool, very nice but I found it expensive. Especially if you wreck wool.

The stacinator fleece is great for nighttime. I have a Med. in the ladybuzz that my kids don't wear anymore if you're interested. These do seem to run biggish to me. Gav & Will both still fit in it but we use mainly wool.

No clue on hemp fitteds. Have you tried prefolds? I use a toddler or prem. pf with a infant pf trifolded inside. Over this goes a pair of longies I knit. I double strand my yarn so they are thick. We do not have leaks with this system. Ever. My dh can handle pf's for bedtime too, even though he prefers fitteds.
  11. kaje62

kaje62 crone woman

helen i would love to try the stacinator. i need to see g.
  12. meco

meco New Member

www.schnoogly.com has an awesome, inexpensive night time that can stand up to anything!!! :D

And try a wool cover with wool pants over, that might also help.

I find a wool double under a snap in soaker also helps a lot.
  13. milosmom

milosmom New Member

my 18 mo old used to leak a lot, but now we use a mama made pul pocket (about the same as a fb) stuffed with tons of hemp and then a pair of mama made fleece pants over that. i think i'm going to try to make something similar to the dancing bear ones when it gets warmer. this combo has worked great for us.
  14. ~SolsticeMama~

~SolsticeMama~ New Member

With my super heavy wetter I use an HH stuffed with a premium ubcpf and a regular old gerber infant gauze. Still had leaks so I started using an Aristocrat over top and we've not had a problem with leaks so far. I second the Stacinator Fleece idea, we've got one of those too and so far so good.
  15. tandemmama

tandemmama I should be cleaning

We use Fuzzi Bunz here too. I have some stuffers that are nice and thick that someone made and passed on to me. She made them to lay in a wrap, but they fit perfect in the FB. I love that the fleece makes her feel nice and dry in the morning.

it's too bad you won't do wool, I love wool at night time too! (as well as any other time LO)_
  16. thrillhouse

thrillhouse Active Member

i'll second or third the aristocrat reccomandeation. we've got 2 size large ones and theya re awesome. never a leak.

don't be afraid of wool. our aristrocrats have been accidentally thrown in the washer at least twice and they stretch right back to where they should be. you can also make wool covers out of preshrunk/prefelted old wool sweaters or wool fabric. then there is no worry about wrecking it.

wool is your friend!
  17. bluebird

bluebird New Member

I know you said you won't do wool. That's too bad because wool is the ultimate BEST solution to your problem! We use flannel fitteds with a tri-fold inside of 2 layers of cotton fleece topped with a layer of microfleece. And we pull a Babyology wool cover over it all. It's bulky, but that doesn't bother me since it's just for night time. My girls are happy! :) We've NEVER had a leak using this system!!!!! EVER!!!

The Babyology wool covers are what turned me onto wool. Now I'm going to be making my own wool covers so my girls can wear wool all day! I was nervous at first of having to take care of it. But I've gotten over that. The covers I'm making are being sewn out of felted wool so I won't have to worry about it if they get thrown in the wash with the diapers or even in the dryer. I wash all my wool fabric 3 times in hot water and dry them on HOT 3 times in the dryer.

Well, that's my 2 cents worth! :)

Lynn