He hates the bath!

Discussion in 'Ages 0-2' started by Chickapea, Mar 7, 2010.

1. Chickapea

Chickapea Guest

Griffin is 9 1/2 months old and he absolutely hates the bath. He has for months. I've tried toys, I've tried letting his sister join, I've tried joining. He HATES it. He creis the entire time as if I am torturing him.

Any hints or is this just a matter of him getting over it?
  2. LuLu

LuLu Active Member

Shower? We don't even have a bath tub so we have to do showers in the sling and she really seems to love it. we tried putting her in the baby tub and she hated that.
  3. punkin

punkin Amity's Focus Member

i doubt you are still using a baby tub, but i know sydney hated that thing. as soon as i put her in the reg. tub with a little water and just let her lay in it she did great. she was younger than him though.

what about the sink? have you ever tried giving him a bath there? i love to bath littles (that can sit) in the sink. (its easier than bending over the tub, lol).

what about a different time of the day? is he tired because its bedtime or just woke up and went from being warm and snuggly to naked and cold?

have you tried just letting him play and not really bathing him? or how about water temp, is he really sensitive to that? i know my taylor likes her baths a little cooler than i would normally make it and she always has. her big sisters both love a pretty warm bath/shower.

dont know, just trying to throw a few thoughts out there for you.
  4. Chickapea

Chickapea Guest

I have tried the shower with me and he hates it. He sits in the tub, but I've let him try to stand, too. He hates all of it. I have tried everything I can think of and he hates it.

He LOVES the pool, though. Go figure!
  5. JessieKaitlin

JessieKaitlin New Member

My daughter hates the bath too. But, she loves the pool! She likes to shower with us though.

We've been doing showers since birth. I was hoping she'd like baths for some play time.. but it's been a no go.
  6. sweet~potato

sweet~potato Active Member

You could try to put him in a dry bathtub, or on a towel on the kitchen floor, have a bowl of water by you and just wipe him down really quickly.
  7. juliebelle

juliebelle taking pictures

scarlett hated the tub until last week...12 months old

she finally enjoyed a sink bath and then day before yesterday i put her in the real tub. savannah suggested i put a towel down in the tub so it would be less slippery and scarlett enjoyed it.

i think it's just one of those things you keep trying and eventually they like it.
  8. juliebelle

juliebelle taking pictures

up until now we've just showered with her instead
  9. Chickapea

Chickapea Guest

Funny to see this post again! I was still having such a hard time with him, but he's been sick so I was determined to get him in a vicks vapo bath SO I put a bathing suit on, put more than normal in there and got in with him. He loved it!

So a few days ago, I tried the same thing again, but without me in it...and he loved it. Yay! He learned how to splash and play with the rubber duckies in the bath.

I hope it continues! :)
  10. Suzie

Suzie Amity's Focus Member

yay!!! glad he's happy in there!
  11. greentomatoes

greentomatoes New Member

Well I guess my advice on this subject is no longer needed. Congrats on getting the child in the tub.
  12. greentomatoes

greentomatoes New Member

Well I guess my advice on this subject is no longer needed. Congrats on getting the child in the tub.