Have you had a GREAT experience buying from a cloth diaper WAHM? Please share!

Discussion in 'Cloth Diapering' started by ~Meeshi~, Jun 22, 2005.

1. ~Meeshi~

~Meeshi~ Also Known As Michelle

I admit I am a bit miffed to read that there are several Mamas out there who were totally turned against using cloth diapers based on their bad experiences with Jessica of BABIES UNDER WRAPS. What a huge disservice she has done! :eek:

If you have had great experiences buying diapers from a WAHM, I urge you to please share your experiences and give links!

Though I don't have any little tushies to CD anymore, I really loved using cloth and I feel like it is a wonderful option. I'd hate for one bad apple to give CDing a bad name...
  2. doubleblessed

doubleblessed I dare you to dream!

I know! :( I felt really angry by what Jessica has done to so many "potential" cd'ing moms ~ can you imagine how many of them gave up trying to get the diapers from her and turn to disposies? :( Because it's convenient and you can just buy them at the store! Ok, off my soapbox...

I've bought from Wendi (but she doesn't do dipes anymore) ~ her Dewdrops are/were awesome! I used Chinese and Indian prefolds that I've purchased from a WAHM who no longer sells them ~ and I've done Motherease OS and Airflows.

I didn't come to Amity's until I purchased 4 dozen of the Motherease OS for my twins when they were newborns, and then realized they were HUGE on them at the beginning. So this nice WAHM sold me the prefolds/etc. I didn't have a chance to explore all the cute diapers being sold now! :wah: But I know who to buy from when I have my future kids! :D

And Meeshi, I still need to get back to you ~ it might take a while! :D
  3. ~Meeshi~

~Meeshi~ Also Known As Michelle

No worries, Jenine! :)

Trying to think back, I know I also about from www.babykicks.com I believe. Most of my diapers, though, came from Mamas getting rid of their stashes.

I'm usually not one to get really upset over things, but the thought that Jessica has been the cause Mama's choosing to go with disposables instead, has really ticked me off. :eyes: I am also very thankful that my initial transaction with her (as long and drawn out as it was) didn't deter me from choosing to use cloth on Kaya.
  4. Charity

Charity Amity's Focus Member

I haven't used cloth diapers for some time, but back when I did, I bought from "katie's kisses" and was pleased with them. I also bought from "poochies" (not sure if the original owner still owns it), and loved their diapers and service. "Lukes Drawers" was always a pleasant experience too. I don't know the actual links for those places. I just remember their names.
  5. DixieChick

DixieChick One Hot Mama!

LisaK still makes dewdrops, and they are my FAVORITES! She has some up right now at Midday Faire. I got 6 in the mail last weeka s they fit Samuel PERFECTLY! Super fast to work with, great fabrics.
  6. texasmama

texasmama New Member

I haven't ordered cloth diapering stuff in a long time, but when I did, www.juliestuff.com was very smooth! I'd highly recommend her.
  7. annsni

annsni Amity's Focus Member

I don't think I have ever had a bad experience with WAHM mamas. I've purchased, and had wonderful transactions with Ivy Rose (no longer made by her but the pattern is now with Mudpie Babies), ManyDucks, Lucy's Hope Chest, Bizzy B, Cloud 9 (no longer made), Natural Babies (for prefolds and covers), Stacinator, Natural E Baby (I don't think Amanda is open for now - she WAS talking about re-opening her store sometime but had health problems with one of her babies), Little Lounging Lizards, Nanipoos.......oh, I can't even remember all of them! It's definately one bad apple - the majority of mamas are wonderful and bend over backwards for their customers! I had a diaper with bad elastic from one of the mamas and she made me 2 diapers to replace it!! Imagine??

Cloth diapering has been so much fun with my 2 little ones. I CDed my 2 older ones but that was over 12 years ago and there wasn't anything around like there is now. These diapers nowadays just scream 'CUTE' and I'd do it all again in a heartbeat if I ever had another. :D

Ann
  8. Sonya

Sonya decluttering

9. tarablesue

tarablesue ~PeAce~

10. salt&light

salt&light New Member

I've only bought from www.clothetc.com & the dipes are adorable & got here quickly & she was great to work with :)

NAK
  11. SaphiraKay

SaphiraKay New Member

I have to rave for mudpie babies as well. Steph is wonderful. All of my experiences with her have been positive. When my cousin got married, she asked my girls to be part of the ceremony. They had special dresses when I realized that Tater would need a super cute dipe to wear with it. I emailed Steph although she was closed for customs. Then I realized my paypal acct was empty. I needed to send a MO and that would cut it close. I sent the MO priority and Steph literally took the appliqued cover to the PO and sent it the DAY she recieved my money. Can't beat that turnaround time.
    I have also had good experiences with little lounging lizards (rumor has it that a new fitted pattern may be in the works.) I am buying from Country Cuttins now and have had wonderful communication.
    Amanda
  12. Vanity Fair

Vanity Fair Amity's Focus Member

Seeing all of these links makes me want to buy dipes, even though we are nearly potty trained!

I always liked LizsCloth and I even carried her line for some time. Sweet, sweet mama and nicely made dipes!
  13. crankymama

crankymama Knit Geek & Baby Wrangler

I have had wonderful experiences shopping with Molly at Tree City Diapers . Her customer service is amazing and her turnaround time is really quick. She was also super patient with my 10,000 new to cloth questions. If you are in her area, which I was at the time of my first order with her, she'll even let you come over and paw through all of her stuff to see what you really like and to save shipping costs. I can't say enough good things about her! :happy:
  14. IndiMom

IndiMom .

I have always had a great experience buying from Natural Babies and Mudpie Babies.
  15. Stargazer441

Stargazer441 Searching

Oh gosh, I doubt I can remember everyone. :D LOL My stash is a mis-mash of everything. Here are some that stick out as great:

Amy at www.littlelemondiapers.com

Christy at www.tristanasthings.com

Candy at www.bizzybhive.com

Priscilla at www.seasonsoriginals.com

Lori at www.mamasbaby.com

Jackie at www.flappies.com

Pickle Pants! www.thecucumberseed.net

Jesse at www.luxebabydiapers.com

I have also bought from www.babyj.com several times a few years ago and she was really helpful when I first started cloth diapering :thumbsup:

I know there are others, I'll edit later to add. :)
  16. zobugnspymonki

zobugnspymonki New Member

Well so Far....

I've had good experiences with all of my purchases
    LittleLambs on Ebay. She has great second deals and hemp stuff.
    EmiBeans was Totally Sweet!!! I loved my countour kissaluvs.
    Last but not Least was babycottonbottoms, was the best with shipping costs.
    But now that I have Amitys I love to trade!!!
    beth
  17. J3

J3 Deadhead mama of girls

I loved Luke's Drawers with a passion.
  18. dukkytoez

dukkytoez New Member

19. tarablesue

tarablesue ~PeAce~

Yep Amy at littlelemon is great too!!:) I gotta love her , shes my best friend!! ;)
  20. poohmommy

poohmommy New Member