Gotta show everyone!

Discussion in 'Mama's Showcase!' started by Zoomama, Nov 15, 2008.

1. Zoomama

Zoomama New Member

I haven't posted in a very long time, but I just have to show off the new dress I made for grand-daughter. My pictures aren't the greatest, but I am very pleased with how this dress turned out. I haven't sewn in ages and it's nice to finally be back in the saddle again! Thanks for looking!
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2008
  2. Sunflower_Momma

Sunflower_Momma "Christian"

3. Aidansmommy

Aidansmommy New Member

What a pretty dress on such a pretty baby!
  4. Zoomama

Zoomama New Member

Thanks!

Awww! Thanks! I thought maybe I was just prejudiced. LOL
  5. sveasmommy

sveasmommy Rory and Tait too!

Wow...that's awfully pricey fabric to be using when you owe so many people so much money. Maybe you could have sold it?
  6. Zoomama

Zoomama New Member

I did try to sell it. Thanks to people like you, I haven't been able to sell anything. The longer I am unable to sell anything, the longer it will take to get refunds done.
  7. TurtleMa

TurtleMa Amity's Focus Member

Thanks to people like her eh? Seems like people like you wouldn't have any problem selling online if they hadn't taken tons of people's money (for going on what? 3 years?) and not delivered the products (Painting Red Rhinos fabric) that they paid for.

Sounds like just another excuse in an exceedingly long line of unbelievable excuses to me.
  8. Zoomama

Zoomama New Member

Yes, thanks to people like the two of you. I have never had any bad transactions with either of you. Nor do I owe either of you any money or product. Yet you feel compelled to continue to attack me.

I had to commit to $6400.00 for the printing, I collected $3316.00 and a lot of that was sent CC Paypal in which I had to pay the fees. I sent that money directly to the printer and paid the difference out of my own pocket. I have refunded $1496.00 and all of it was sent funded and I covered the fees when I was informed that it was not a funded account that I was sending it to. Yes, I do still owe a lot of money and I do send money every time I make a sale. What all of you have failed to acknowledge is the fact that I have never tried to disappear. My phone number has not changed and my website has remained open and my contact information is there for all to see. I have also posted my contact information several times. If I was a scammer or trying to screw anyone over, I would have closed everything down and changed my identity. It's easy enough to do.
  9. tara

tara Amity's Focus Member

I don't have a horse in this race, but I should point out that it doesn't really matter if you have your site up with the same contact information if you still owe thousands of dollars to people from years ago.

What matters is paying them back ASAP.

It seems to me that Amber and Michelle are trying to make sure that everyone at this site is aware of your transaction history. Not everyone here goes to Sewing Mamas, so there is a large pool of people who should be educated about the large number of outstanding transactions before they decide to enter into a transaction with you themselves. Full disclosure is important when you're selling/buying on the internet. If people still want to go ahead and buy from you knowing that you owe others tons of money, then they are going into it with their eyes open. I'm not sure why you have a problem with that.

Tara
  10. crispymommy2B

crispymommy2B New Member

well... I have no idea what's going on but

1) I think the dress is very sweet

2) I hope you get everyone paid back soon
  11. Zoomama

Zoomama New Member

The problem is that I didn’t post anything for sale. I posted a SNS because I was proud of this dress and my grand-daughter. My 4 yr old niece picked out the fabrics and she asked for the ribbons to be put on the front. Had I posted a FS, then I could understand. But, I am sick and tired of the vicious people who have no “horses in this race” constantly attacking me. The only reason that I even have the Heather Ross fabric is because a SM asked me to buy it for her. I went to my local quilt shop the very next morning and bought it for her. I emailed her with the exact price I paid for it and a copy of the receipt to prove it so that she could reimburse me and pay shipping. She then emailed me and said, “Never mind, I really don’t want it after it has been in your house, I just wanted to see if you would go get it.” I then offered it for sale for the same price I paid for it because I used my grocery money to get it for her and really needed the money back ASAP. I paid $9.99 a yard for it and it was 7 yards of the print and 7 yards of the stripes. I was really upset because the woman that asked me to go get it had bought from me several times before and had always said she was so happy with my customer service. But, I did not say anything mean to her, I just said, “Oh Okay, I’ll go ahead and offer it up for sale”

Someone (I know who but I won’t call her out publicly) contacted some people from my various feedbacks and told them not to buy from me because my fabric was mold and mouse infested. A previous customer from Ebay forwarded it to me and said that since she had always received excellent service from me, she felt that I deserved to know why my listings weren’t selling. The person that did this is not one of the people that I owe money to and has had nothing but good transactions with me.

Someone also took the liberty of going to a bunch of different websites (Work at Home scams, auction kits, credit offers, online schools, and so on) and entered my information. Needless to say, my phone started ringing at all hours of the day and night with telemarketers. One of them was nice enough to give us the IP address that the submission came from so we know the general area, we just don’t know who. But, I don’t owe money to anybody that lives in that area.

One person posted blatant lies about the refund that she received and when I emailed her with my proof that she was lying and asked her to correct her post, she continued to post more lies.

My daughter recently had a baby and wanted to join the parenting and sewing communities that I had raved about being so wonderful. She started off on the wrong foot, I admit. She promptly edited her post and was told by Meg to post her questions about diaper sewing in another forum, so she did. Then, she was immediately blocked too and started receiving really nasty emails. It really turned her off on being a member anywhere online.

My husband did not email Meg trying to force her into reinstating me so that I could sell. He did email her because he felt that my daughter was treated like crap (which she was) and that I should be allowed to defend myself and post my proof.

I also had a local lady call me and ask to come and look at the fabrics that I still have on hand. We made an appointment and I was looking forward to making a sale and being able to do more refunds. Then, the lady called me back and cancelled because she said that a member of her board told her my fabrics were mold and mouse infested. She refused to tell me who the person was that told her that.

My husband is now in Kuwait and is so angry that he decided to only send me $300.00 a month and that has to buy groceries, put gas in the car, and buy personal hygiene items for 4 people. He pays the rest of the bills from Kuwait. He did this because of posts like this that were forwarded to both of us.

There were tons more just like that. So, he decided that the only way I will have any extra money to do refunds is through my sales. And how am I supposed to sell anything with people being so nasty? And the part that really makes me sick is that the people who are doing this have either never had a transaction with me or have only had good transactions with me. I don’t owe any of the trouble makers any money at all. I sold a ton of fabric to these people for way less than I paid for it, I cut generously, and bent over backwards to make them happy.

I posted this SNS because I was excited that I had actually gotten a chance to turn on my sewing machine and make something for my grand-daughter. But, this took the smile right off my face and made me cry.

I even had one witch email me and tell me that my grand-daughter is as fugly as the dress that I made.

So, are any of you seeing my point of view? I have apologized over and over for the whole PRR mess and I have and am doing the best that I can to make things right. I have never had any bad transactions outside of the PRR reprint. But, how can I be expected to come up with the money for refunds when I don’t even get enough money to cover our grocery bill and I am not allowed to sell anything anywhere? I can’t even post a SNS without people that I don’t owe money to jumping in and trying to make trouble and making me feel like crap. Are these people so unhappy with their own lives and so disconnected from their children that they have nothing better to do than look for nasty things to say about other people? I guess I am a bigger person than they are because I could say nasty things about several of them but choose not to because I care about how other people feel. If that is what they need to do to feel good about themselves, then so be it.

I would like to thank the few people that left nice comments for me. It does make me feel a bit better. I edited my pictures out of my post though because I don’t want to offend anyone else.
  12. Zoomama

Zoomama New Member

I forgot to mention that I have even had listings cancelled on Ebay because someone reported my listings as being in policy violation. I got in touch with Ebay and they let me relist and told me that the system automatically cancels the listing and puts a stike against you if two or more people report a listing. They took the strikes off and apologized but the message had already gone out that the listings were cancelled due to policy violations. WTF?!?!
  13. Vanity Fair

Vanity Fair Amity's Focus Member

Clearly you're reading at Mama Drama, but you still don't have the guts to post there apparently. Unless you're gonna woman up and confront people posting there, STFU.

Oh, and perhaps your husband shouldn't have called Meg names when he emailed her. That might have gone a longer way to everyone feeling sorry for you.

Calling the waahhhhmbulance now. They're on their way.
  14. sasha

sasha Guest

I do see your point of view. You want to sell stuff online to make money. You say that you will pay back the money that you owe by selling stuff online. Maybe, maybe not. Can you not see that you do not have a good track record at this point? That the 'accusations' have a basis in fact, either in your actions or in personal details that you have posted? Can you see that why you may think you acted in good faith, you failed to deliver on your PRR coop, you failed to give good, consistent communication and verifiable information regarding the coop, and you are no longer refunding from that coop. Big money was lost, not a $10 trade gone bad. And your response is to try to sell more fabric to the same people.

You may be a good, honest person who had a string of bad luck. Maybe. If you really do need to sell fabric to make money, you need to find another venue. And you do need to be sensitive about showing off your granddaughter in clothes made with expensive fabric to the women who lost money to you, and to the women who are friends with those same people. Because IT DOES NOT matter if the mamas posting were customers. We are a community, we protect our own from threats and danger. And whether you like it or not, you are a threat to the well-being of our community.
  15. Nutmeg

Nutmeg Pencils down :(

You have GOT to be kidding me.

I was going to stay out of it but these outright lies about my site are just too much. It's not fair to Jo to drag this here, but you called me by name twice and lied about me.

Are you talking about me? Because he absolutely DID threaten me, call me names and say he was going to file a lawsuit against me and my site if I didn't let you sell in the Stash Boutique within a certain number of days (I don't recall how many he gave me -- I was laughing too hard at him trying to use your lies to threaten me.)

Wow Laura. Not cool to drag me into this. First your husband threatens me, calls me names in THREE emails (the last of which was entitled "You Chickensh!t" ) and now you pull this? I have thus far NOT published his abusive emails because I realize he's a controlling jerk but he has no control over me. You have no idea who I am and him trying to threaten me is laughable in the extreme.

I thought it was bad that you told people I emptied your Sewing Mamas PM box. I never did such a thing and yet I have the PM's from you telling others that I did. It won't be hard to prove if needed.

So far as your 'daughter' goes, I haven't banned her or anyone else, unless they have abused the site, it's rules and taken advantage of the mamas there over and OVER again like you did. There are FOUR people who have done this, and your daughter is not one of them. Because of people like YOU the rules have changed. You and your husband caused problems at my site, because of your own money mismanagement problems, not mine. I'm protecting my members.

No, I won't let you sell in the Stash Boutique at Sewing Mamas and wasn't going to let you until ALL the money is paid back. I said that in good faith, which you have rescinded here. Your husband told me I was a dried up old 'biddy' and chicken____. Called the women on my site much, much worse names. That was the nicer stuff. Selling at Sewing Mamas is NOT a right. It was something I thought would be fun and YOU took the fun out of it for many people.

Whatever's happened, you've done to yourself. You should have NEVER EVER used those funds for your own purposes. You should have made a budget as soon as things started to turn. Or the next time. Or the next time. They should have been put in a separate account so you could pay them all back if needed. IF you can't afford groceries that's YOUR doing. No one elses'. It's fine to say you are sorry, but really meaningless unless you do something to back it up. Blaming others for your problems doesn't show you are very sorry for anything. You need to learn to manage money, I'd suggest an accountant.

Don't bother dragging me into it again. You are walking into a libelous area and you should watch what you say about me or my site.

There is a class action suit against you for the return of the money I've heard about. FYI -- These posts are copied, pasted on other forums like MD to keep everyone aware of your deceit and mismanagement of money. This software stores the original posts in the database files. You can edit the posts but what you wrote originally and the PM's you sent can be subpoenaed and used in a legal proceeding against you.

I told your husband the same thing and he replied with some very nasty personal abuse I don't care to repeat here. If I did they would be starred out as it was so filthy.

I'll read this thread and correct any mistakes, but other than that I'm done with you and your lies. As I said in our last PM, I was going to allow you to continue posting so long as you paid everyone back. I'm rescinding that.
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2008
  16. tara

tara Amity's Focus Member

Let me get this straight: you are upset because your husband gives you a monthly ration of $300/month, but instead of being upset with him for being controlling and cheap, you choose to be upset with complete strangers whose only motivation in posting here is to protect potential buyers who don't know your negative selling history?

Explain that logic to me.

Tara

ps: BTW, I haven't posted on any other sites (or emailed anyone) to warn them about buying from you. But I find it interesting that there seems to be a whole team of people who are doing this. Maybe you need to start accepting responsibility for your own actions instead of pointing fingers at everyone else: clean up the mess you made. If I were you, I'd be livid at my husband for giving me $300/month for a family of four. From a personal standpoint, I'd say that that his apparent control issues and abusive personality are a much bigger problem than the fact that you owe thousands of dollars to customers. But hey, that's just my opinion.
  17. Nutmeg

Nutmeg Pencils down :(

PS the baby was adorable. This has nothing to do with that.
  18. TurtleMa

TurtleMa Amity's Focus Member

Really Laura? Really? Every. Single. Everloving. TIME. You pop back up it's with some huge sob story about why you can't possibly pay people back. Every time. This time it's a jerk husband that won't give you more than $300 to run your household with.

You know what? Even if every single sob story you have told us over the last couple of years is 100% true (and I highly doubt it) it's still your responsibility to give people back their money. It just IS. Not only are you *morally* responsible you are *legally* responsible. It's time to accept that and start doing something about it.

You wonder why people like me and Tara and Amber who are out no money keep pointing it out to people that may not know your history it's because we don't want to see ANYONE else lose any money to you. That's really not that difficult of a concept to grasp I don't think. No reaching involved even. It's just like IRL if you have a friend that got ripped of in a brick and mortar store you'd be telling everyone you know "hey, don't go to Laura Lee's Fabric Emporium!! Sue and Mary had a really bad transaction in there and lost a lot of money. I hear a that there are several other people around that had the same experience. THey've had horrible luck with customer service and while a few people have been paid back just as many have not."

The reason I don't have and never have had any money tied up in this fiasco is because from the moment I read your very first post on the reprinting idea I felt it sound WAY too good to be true. Turns out my gut feeling was spot on and I'm so glad I listened to myself.

I pray for everyone's sake that you manage to get your head on straight and fix this mess even if it's only one $30 transaction at a time. These people deserve that. It's not their fault that you made a bad business decision.
  19. amyincali

amyincali New Member

I'm not sure how many people you still owe money but I am one of them.

I'd pretty much written off the money I had put towards this but when I see you running co-ops for other fabrics it doesn't set too well with me. If anyone has pulled the juvenile crap they have I'm sorry but it wasn't me. I don't have time to try to get your e-bay auctions pulled or spread rumors about you. If anything I wish your ebay auctions would sell since then I might see some of my money that you've had for almost 3 years.

The bottom line is you took peoples money and didn't use it for what you said you were. Up until a couple months ago you had never bothered emailing anyone owed money. I know there was an occasional update at SM but only after people seemed to have to hunt you down each time. I'm glad you are finally sending e-mail updates. That is definitely a step in the right direction.