give me all of your knowledge!!

Discussion in 'Cloth Diapering' started by lovesongbird, Apr 14, 2009.

1. lovesongbird

lovesongbird New Member

DH and I are TTC for our first lil' and we're interested in cloth diapering. I only know a few basics of it and after explaining it to him- HE'S IN! yay!

Gimme all the info you can gurus!!!! Any helpful websites to check out would be great too! Thanks!
  2. JessieKaitlin

JessieKaitlin New Member

I've just ordered some cloth diapers. the prefolds, and an assortment of covers... I'll be following this thread too as I'm interested in any advice.
  3. EmmalinesMom

EmmalinesMom Amity's Focus Member

Hi Ladies, and welcome to Amity's! :)

I have a document called Cloth Diapering 101 that I'm happy to email you, send via snail mail, or you can check it out online here:
    Cloth Diapering 101 Getting Started

It covers many of the different kinds of cloth diapers available, from prefolds to all in ones, the pros and cons of each, etc.

Lots of moms start out with prefolds and covers, or fitteds (such as the Kissaluvs 0s) and covers for the newborn phase. When those are outgrown, I see lots of moms moving to pocket diapers, either sized, or one-size, that fit up to about 30-35 pounds (depending on the build of the baby).

I recommend about 12 diapers per day that you don't want to wash for newborns. If you wash every other day, I'd get 24-36 prefolds or fitteds (or a combo of both), and 4-6 covers.

You'll be up feeding and changing the baby anyway, so lots of moms don't opt for a more in-depth night time system yet. I added a doubler (usually hemp) for nighttime and it gave me a little extra time between night time changes.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. :)
  4. hana

hana Active Member

Jenn (above) won't spam herself, but she's an awesome source for cloth diapers! Excellent customer service, and fast shipping! Plus, she's an all-around sweet mama. :heart smirk:
  5. EmmalinesMom

EmmalinesMom Amity's Focus Member

Aww...thanks Hana. :hbeat: You know I love you! :)
  6. lovencloth

lovencloth Amity's Focus Member

7. lovesongbird

lovesongbird New Member

Thanks so much ladies!! I'll check out the sites!

Also, Jenn, you are more than welcome to send info via email!! I'm PM you my email address!! Thanks!!
  8. mom2tig99Nroo03

mom2tig99Nroo03 MamaBearishFireman'sFlame

<------ still figuring out what she is gonna use on the new little tush.

nothing is the same it seems from when dd (6) was in dipes, lol.

i know i'll be using prefolds/covers at home, but i want something adorable for when we're out and about :lol
  9. mytlcs

mytlcs New Member

I Just started cloth diapering my son ( mycbaby.com /eric.htm ), I use fuzzibunz one size cloth diapers. The diapers are adjustable for babys from 7lbs to 35lbs.

We use country save HE laundry detergent to wash, only need a little scoop like 10ml to wash every time. comes out clean and fresh. doing this for 3 weeks now and no prob.