Funny thing about how I garden.

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by Soledad, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Soledad

Soledad Back to little sleep

So basically we started seeds indoors in April. We got a few seeds going and I made a very frugal green house when it was time to move them outdoors. Our frugal green house consisted of a shelving unit covered with the clear plastic that painters use to cover floors /furniture.
    We also have a worm compost bin/house and used the composted materials in our raised beds. We have a small patch that was composted for two years and I decided this was the year that I would garden there.

Here's the funny part...that composted area has begun growing tomato plants . I haven't put anything there either. And they are growing better and faster than the plants I grew from seeds. Only my garden is special this way:lol:
  2. Claire Berry

Claire Berry New Member

LOVE it. That's just awesome. Sounds like what happened to us. Its hard to grow watermelon around here and we got some growing in the compost. <3
  3. blended05

blended05 New Member

Sounds wonderful. I am new to gardening and each year am learning more...
  4. amyorama

amyorama Amity's Focus Member

My mom would call the tomatoes "volunteers". LOL I wonder if that is a southern US saying?

Your greenhouse sounds lovely!! And clever! I wouldn't think to use plastic sheets!
  5. jiakom

jiakom New Member

I need a suggestion about having garden wendy house for my children. Should I go for the expensive ones or cheaper because this is my first and the last child and I can make more babies. I think cheaper will be ok but which stuff is cheaper. I do not know.