fun projects with your kids

Discussion in 'Household Hows to's' started by susanhollister, Aug 10, 2006.

1. susanhollister

susanhollister New Member

My eight-year-old son and I have been busying ourselves with this project. We're trying to make some bird feeders for some of his hummingbirds. I got some instructions from a website. Right now, we're almost done with the milk carton bird feeders, and we can't wait how the hummingbirds would react to it. :) We're also thinking of some new exciting and creative projects.
  2. ClothAddictions

ClothAddictions New Member

aww sweet, my 7 year old son would love to take part in this. I have worked with kids and we have done similar projects, I like this one.. maybe have to give it a whirl
    Thank you so much
    let us know how your turns out.
  3. That sounds like a lot of fun! I can't wait till our son is old enough to do fun projects with!! :)
  4. sunanthem

sunanthem New Member

Another project you could do w/ him is make a bird bath to go w/ that feeder. I think they have do able ideas on DIY and Martha Stewert.com

I planted a sunflower house w/ my kids this year. I hope it grows, it should be tons of fun and it was so easy to do. I love projects w/ kids!
  5. sylvi76

sylvi76 New Member

that looks so fun
  6. willowwinter

willowwinter New Member

Ask your son what interest him... Maybe he likes to draw or maybe he's into cooking too. With my first son, He likes to play with papers. One time I went to a bookstore and saw a book about "ORIGAMI" the art of paper folding. I bought the book and some colored papers. My son loved it! (He's just turning 4 this July 17 so most of the paper folding is done by me) but my son is so amazed with the things and animal shapes we make that then after he can play with and makes stories with... He names the animals as well... This will surely bring out your kids colorful, creative imagination.
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
  7. Minerva Baldwin

Minerva Baldwin New Member

Interesting post!