First time cloth diapering...

Discussion in 'Cloth Diapering' started by jolenegreen, Jun 24, 2010.

1. jolenegreen

jolenegreen New Member

HI ALL! This will be my first baby to cloth diaper...pls tell me what I need to start out...Im no good at knowing anything about this subject! :)
    THANKS
  2. Dalila

Dalila New Member

I would say go with at least 24 diapers. If you go with an AIO style like bumgenius then you wont need any covers. If you choose to go with prefolds or fitteds, then get at least 6 covers. If you have anymore questions don't hesitate to pm me, I cloth diapered both my boys.
  3. mommymelly

mommymelly Amity's Focus Member

If you can get a copy of the Mothering magazine that came out before the current issue, there is an article about cloth diapers in it, explaining it all out. It's a great article for a beginner!
  4. Inquisitive

Inquisitive New Member

I have tried a lot of different things. The definition of "easy" differs from one person to the next. Prefolds (those flat old fashioned diapers) folded into thirds and just laid into a cover is my all time favorite for "ease". The newest cover out there is by bumgenius and it is called "flip". It is super easy to use, snaps down to fit from newborn to toddler ~ trust me it does fit!!! And you can put other things under it (fitteds, etc). Fairly cheap and simple to use and wash. HTH
  5. nevaeh.aaric

nevaeh.aaric Guest

Modern Cloth Nappies are so simple to use. They're just as easy to use as disposables just with the added washing. Such a small price to pay considering the environmental damage manufacturing disposables causes.
  6. janessas2

janessas2 Guest

Doopsy

If you're still looking for diapers, check out these!
    Its a newer brand of diapers, Doopsy Diapers. I started trying them out about 2 months ago and really like them. They are a OS Pocket diaper, but the nice thing is that they are cheaper than most others.
    They are having a clearance off of their old style diapers right now. Here's info incase anyone is looking. I'm not the owner/seller/ anything like that, just think for the price, these are good diapers! Hope this helps!!

NEW Version Doopsy OS Pocket Diapers available at
    babyecomart.com
    OLD version starting at $11.97

I've never found a pocket diaper that cheap!
  7. 3straycatsagain

3straycatsagain New Member

Diaperswappers is a good source.

When they are small prefolds & covers work well or we like Kissaluvs size 0 with a cover.

After that, we used Fuzzi Bunz stuffed with prefolds.

HTH:)
  8. johnlee1

johnlee1 New Member

Hi everyone!
    I am here to tell you that cloth diapering is easy and affordable.Lay diaper flat. Place baby on diaper so that a short side of the diaper is at the baby's waist. Fold in the part that the baby's bottom isn't on into thirds and bring that section up between the baby's legs. Bring the back sides around to the front and pin.