Finnish school system !

Discussion in 'Alternative Learning' started by Maidenmyhome, May 21, 2010.

1. Maidenmyhome

Maidenmyhome New Member

2. freedomlover

freedomlover ReaderOfThreads

Hmmmmmm. (I am half finnish too).

Sounds good.

I'd like more details about the system.
  3. ElDucko

ElDucko Amity's Focus Member

Mother says I'm a quarter Finnish. I know about the general area's history because dh's family is all from there-abouts and so is my local friend's family.

I wonder how hard it would be to find more info? Hrm . . . subbing to remind myself to look when I don't hurt so much in the head.
  4. herc

herc Amity's Focus Member

This is literally the complete opposite of the situation here, and it really makes me long for a place where education is respected. My husband is a teacher, and one of the few that were in the top 3 percent and still chose education. He is deeply considering leaving it, and a bit part of that is the low pay, and the inability to rise further than he is now, unless he goes into admin-- which he isn't really interested in.
  5. ElDucko

ElDucko Amity's Focus Member

H, that's why mother took the National Boards. I think she's still a mentor for it, but probably that's a local thing? She also writes the WASL and grades it (i think?) every year, and decides curriculum for something [which is probably a team thing]. Any of those appeal to dh? (hug) Kudos to him though, teachers are a super valuable asset and I wish more people saw that.